Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Put User Info Above Albums List Redeux  (Read 3162 times)

bbouton

• Coppermine newbie
  • Commit a random act of kindness.
    • The Member Showcase at TheBoutons.com Home of All Things Graphical
Put User Info Above Albums List Redeux
« on: May 24, 2006, 02:25:59 am »

I would like to apply the mod that Abbas Ali wrote up in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=14683.0
that puts custom user info on the album and intermediate image display.

I have CPG1.4.6 installed and bridged to Joomla 1.08 with the bridge found at http://www.mehdiplugins.com/misc. Community Builder 1.0 handles the user profile and registration.
I am using the 2bornot2b template downloaded from this site.

I understand the templates have changed considerably since Abbas Ali did his mod, and I can't find the code in template.php he suggests to replace. Abbas Ali or anyone else out there in CPGland can you help me with this?

The custom fields I would like to add are named cb_moreinfowebsite and
cb_aboutmeandmywork. The first adds an URL entry field in CB prefs where the member can give a link and some hypertext for the link. The second adds a free form text entry field where they can enter a brief bio. I would also like to display the username and the real name of the member in that member's album display page and on each image display page. I want to make it easy for prospective clients of my members to find them.

Many thanks,
Barbara
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 07:42:33 am by GauGau »
bbouton
At http://TheBoutons.com download free bonus chapters from Gary's newest book, Photoshop Elements AIO Desk Reference for Dummies. Register, and show your best work in TheBoutons.com Member Showcase.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Put User Info Above Albums List Redeux
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 07:42:20 am »

Mods only go supported on the threads that deal with them. We have a policy though on the mods board that says you mustn't ask for mods that were built for one coppermine version to be ported to work with another coppermine version (Don't ask for other versions). So if you don't manage to apply the mod on your own, you're stuck.
There is no file named template.php though, so I guess you refered to the changes in theme.php. The structure hasn't changed that much, the function Abbas refers to still may reside in your custom theme. If it doesn't, the default function defined elsewhere will be taken into account. Copy the corresponding function definition from themes/sample/theme.php
Read the theme upgrade guide for details.

bbouton

• Coppermine newbie
  • Commit a random act of kindness.
    • The Member Showcase at TheBoutons.com Home of All Things Graphical
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 04:14:12 pm »

Please accept my deepest apologies for my error.
Barbara Bouton
bbouton
At http://TheBoutons.com download free bonus chapters from Gary's newest book, Photoshop Elements AIO Desk Reference for Dummies. Register, and show your best work in TheBoutons.com Member Showcase.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 12:17:06 am »

By the way, if you do find that you are able to apply the previous mod to your 1.4.6 with or without modifications, you are welcome to post the details so others can use the updated version.

It's good that you searched the board instead of just asking for such a mod (most people don't search first), but it would not be feasible to handle or even view all such "update this mod" requests.

As an aside which is not meant to detract from the non-commercial nature of this community, you might consider the "Looking for Freelancers" board if you want more timely assistance.  That being said, most mods eventually get converted by someone who wants such functionality and is able to do so *and* takes the time to post the updated code on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.