Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: valid HTML  (Read 8133 times)

Ciccio

• Coppermine newbie
valid HTML
« on: January 18, 2004, 12:23:38 pm »

Hi,

It is only since a few days I have started to use the coppermine photo gallery and I must say it as amazing.

I have only one slight question.

Could it be possible to let the gallery generate a propper html-code?

Meaning that for the moment the generated html is a mixup of "HTML 4.01 Transitional" and "XHTML 1.0 Transitional".

I know that this would be tedious work to do so, since it is grown with the years of developing, but anyway it would be nice if it could be implemented in one of the next versions.

For the rest, nothing but good about this gallery.

Ciccio
"Several billion trillion tons of superhot exploding hydrogen nuclei rose slowly above the horizon and managed to look small, cold and slightly damp."

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
valid HTML
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 12:30:53 pm »

There have been similar requests, even stretching things further: we want to have a table-less coppermine (using proper css-formating) in the future, but this will (as you say) have to wait for a future version (with a complete re-work of the template/theme design). Meanwhile I'll try to clean up some bits when I stumble across them (like proper nesting of tags etc.). Feel free to submit fixes as they come to mind in this thread.

GauGau

benjam

• Coppermine novice
    • http://www.iohelix.com
Re: valid HTML
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 05:45:41 pm »

I know this is an old thread, but I would just like to reiterate that valid xhtml is something that I would appreciate very much in future versions of CPG.

And while the coders are in there making the output valid, the skinning system needs some work.  There are a lot of things that just aren't skinnable that should be, but are hard coded in the main code, which makes editing the skin to be xhtml compliant on your own very difficult.

I hate to say 'look at what this program has done', and 'why can't CPG be more like them', but WordPress has a very impressive skinning engine and it may be in everybody's interest to have a skinning system that is as easy to use as WordPress' skinning system.

Although it would make all past skins un-usable, but that's a small price to pay for a much easier skinning system and valid xhtml output.

and I'm talking about full xhtml 1.1 strict output.

WordPress can be downloaded from http://wordpress.org/

Rodinou

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Tournicoti, Tournicota
    • http://www.sortons.net
Re: valid HTML
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 05:50:50 pm »

As I could say before ... I can help about CSS XHTML ... my CPG gallery is 80% tableless (the 20% are impossible to touch without a crash :))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.