Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: paid support ?  (Read 3048 times)

spin

• Coppermine newbie
paid support ?
« on: April 16, 2006, 08:22:15 pm »

hi,

is there any form of paid support available ? i keep bridging coppermine to my phpbb and it it just keeps going awry, i dont have the time to learn all the necessary stuff anymore and ive already run with it so it would be a big pain to have to remove it entirely as ppl like the idea and it does very much suit the community that i run.

seriously though, i do NOT have the time to figure it out and would like to know if this is going to be possible at all.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 03:48:30 pm by Nibbler »
hope for the best, expect nothing

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: paid support ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 08:59:40 pm »

There is a section labelled Looking for Freelancers / Paid help where you could post, but there's no guarantee that a freelancer may be interessted. There's no paid support done by the "regular" supporters from this board.
You will have to provide some details to the supporter (paid or unpaid), why don't you just try for yourself and do as suggested in When requesting bridge support - mandatory!. Shouldn't be too hard to get bridging up and running after having read the docs. Just getting a supporter do your work once is not a good idea, as you have to understand what you're doing to maintain the bridged install as well.

spin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 10:20:56 pm »

true... i do realise this and would prefer to understand it myself, im in somewhat of a pickle though (english expression) i seriously HAVE to get on with other stuff (my actual work) and other board work that i am ok to deal with but that is time consuming... time is a very very precious commodity for me at the moment so i just had to ask... i will try to allot some though.

many thanks anyway and thanks for doing such a great job of free support :)

spin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 03:28:52 pm »

ok, i figured it out so ive come back to post why the bridging didnt seem to be working..

it was because i used the autocookies fix which changed my cookie name to something other than what it was set to in the coppermine gallery bridge wizard, all i needed to do to fix it was reopen the bridging wizard then use the exact same cookie name there as was in the admincp of my phpbb :)

i know its an onvious one but i hope it helps someone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.