Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: uploading PNGs - background colour changed  (Read 10903 times)

McUrchin

• Coppermine newbie
uploading PNGs - background colour changed
« on: May 19, 2006, 05:17:45 pm »

I'm uploading PNGs with transparent backgrounds - but they are apperaing in the gallery against black background cells instead of the usual white ones (as previous uploads have done) When images are downloaded again backgrounds are still transparent, so my gallery now looks uneven, although it is functioning fine.

I paid to have my site designed and this was supposed to include support (particularly while i find my feet) hwr, the designer has moved house and doesn't answer my emails, texts or calls, so it seems like i'm on my own with this.
I am well aware that I am out of my depth, I have RTFM like a good un and can't find anything that seems to answer this, I'm guessing the answer is probably very simple - but if google knows it, i'm asking the wrong question, ditto the FAQs.
I also tried asking about this on 'web deisgn for beginners' boards, as i think i'm probably stuck on something very basic - but no one had experience of coppermine and so i was advised to ask here.

Has anyone else had this problem? or know a technical name for it that will help me search?

My gallery page is http://www.charliesgraphics.com/photos/
If my lay person's description of the problem makes no sense, and you have the time/inclination the above will show you what i mean. The site needs a login, so i've set up a new user: coppermine
password: coppermine

any nudges in the right direction would be appreciated, and i'm thick skinned enough to deal with general scoffing - but do belive that i've tried!

Nibbler

Re: uploading PNGs - background colour changed
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 05:30:53 pm »

You need to update your gallery. Version 1.2 is no longer supported as it is so old.

McUrchin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 05:35:28 pm »

thankyou, i really appreciate you taking the time to have a look
I am guessing i'll need to find someone else to help upgrade, it's waaaay beyond my capabities. I'll try and find a new web-blokey/blokette who isn't going to run away.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 05:55:15 pm »

Still a known issue as of 1.4 anyway

Resizing gif/png with transparent background doesn't preserve alpha info

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 08:36:07 pm »

actually, it's a GD issue, so it's hard to come up with a fix. PNG transparency doesn't work well in IE (they say that IE7 will be the first version of IE ever to have PNG support). Imo you should try upgrading on your own: if you do exactly as the docs say, nothing can go wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.