Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to fix "critical error" - can't delete album  (Read 2656 times)

CBFreeborn

• Coppermine newbie
How to fix "critical error" - can't delete album
« on: May 16, 2006, 11:45:04 pm »

In the course of upgrading to 1.4.5 I seemed to have hosed one of my album directories. When I try to delete the album in order to rebuild it, I get the following notification:

Directory 'albums/owen 10th/' is not writable, files can't be deleted'

What's interesting is that I can still see the thumbnails for this album but no normal images appear. I had changed the directory name from "owen 10th" to "owen_10th" but now I can't seem to find the original "owen 10th" directory.

Any suggestions on how to find/remove all traces of the original/new album directory/files so I can rebuild it?

Thanks// Chris Freeborn

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 07:57:53 pm by Nibbler »

CBFreeborn

• Coppermine newbie
Re: How to fix "critical error" - can't delete album
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 07:16:18 pm »

I managed to fix this problem by turning on debug and digging a little deeper: I was fooled by the error description. It wasn't really an issue of getting "access" to the files; but rather it was that the directory for that album didn't exist. [I had managed to delete/rename during some maintenance activities under the covers.] By manually creating a dummy directory with the appropriate matching name in the general Albums directory, the standard delete function was happy and worked OK.

//Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.