Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Album can be viewed by..." [BROKEN!]  (Read 11826 times)

Tazlord

• Coppermine newbie
"Album can be viewed by..." [BROKEN!]
« on: May 16, 2006, 06:25:32 pm »

I created a few albums as a registered user. All of these albums (and pictures) are publicly viewable. However, when I change the "Album can be viewed by..." on ANY one of the albums, to something other that "Everyone (public album)," they ALL dissapear from public view.

This happens regardless of the category settings (I tried this with and without categories).
I have also tried creating the albums with an Administrator account and with a plain Registered account... Same Result.
"Allow unlogged users (guest or anonymous) access" in "User settings" config is set to "YES"
Making any changes to the "Guest" or "Anonymous" group does not have any noticable effect on this.

I am using cpg 1.4.5. Is this normal behavior or is this a bug? From my understanding, this particular album permission setting should only apply to the album being modified. Otherwise, why would this option show up for every album, individually? I have checked and double-checked all the settings and read most of the documentation (including searching the forum) and nothing seems to be leading me in the right direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Nibbler

Re: "Album can be viewed by..." [BROKEN!]
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 06:47:07 pm »

Please post a link and a test user account.

Tazlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 09:01:42 pm »

UPDATE!
Not only do all the albums for that particular user dissapear, ALL albums for all users dissapear. Below is the URL and login information for a regular registered user test account. Thank you for any information you can provide.

http://www.callastudios.com/gallery is the link.
The username is: Test User
The password is: just4test

Tazlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 11:48:32 pm »

UPDATE!
I had to physically move my server to a different location for testing.
The new URL is http://69.239.250.120/gallery.
Please excuse the absence of a real host name.  :(

Tazlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 06:34:25 pm »

FYI
DNS has propagated. You can now use http://www.callastudios.com/gallery to get to my gallery.

Thanks!

Tazlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 07:15:44 pm »

Any ideas?
I was thinking of just reinstalling CPG from scratch. I don't know if this will fix the problem because this  might actually be a bug but I guess it's worth a try.

Tazlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 12:25:18 am »

Ok...
I just upgraded to 1.4.8 to see if this would help the issue. Still the same problem. Not only did I upgrade but I built an entirely new system to support this site and that didn't seem to fix it either. Here's what I'm running now...

FreeBSD 6.0 Release
Port - Apache 2.0.54
Port - PHP 5.1.4
Port - GD 2.0.33
Port - MySQL 5.0.9

ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tazlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 05:30:54 pm »

This is getting crazy!
So I created a new machine to test with PHP4 instead of PHP5 (Just in case) and the results are still the same! I'm pretty much at the point where I don't have anymore ideas on how to get this to work. I've searched the forum and don't see this problem listed anywhere. Is it possible that I am the ONLY person using this feature? Is this a bug?
Anyway, here's my new machine's setup..

FreeBSD 6.0 Release
Port - Apache 2.0.54
Port - PHP 4.4.2
Port - GD 2.0.33
Port - MySQL 5.0.9

Tazlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 07:01:31 pm »

Apparently I'm not the only one who has seen this problem. It looks like it was around in the 1.3 days too...

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=22669.0;topicseen

Tazlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 01:26:53 am »

Ok,
So I'd like to really try to fix this problem. I don't like the idea of having to learn how to use a totally different gallery because there might be a simple fix to this issue. I would like to gather information from everybody who reads this post about their current setup so I can see what I am doing different. Also, if anyone has any information on what setup would be "ideal" for CPG, that would help as well.

I am looking for the following information:
  • Server Operating System Version (ie. Redhat Linux 9-2.4.88, Windows Server 2003 Standard)
  • Webserver Version (ie. Apache 2.0.55, IIS 5.0)
  • PHP Version (ie. PHP 5.1.9)
  • Graphics Library/Application Version (GD 2.0.33, ImageMagik 1.3)
  • Database Version (ie. MySQL 5.0.9)

I appreciate anyone and everyone's contribution to this list.

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 08:25:23 am »

Make sure that you have enabled Albums can be private

Tazlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 07:20:59 pm »

Thanks GauGau. That was the default setting so I had left it alone for a long time. I tried setting it to "NO" once, just for the hell of it, but that didn't seem to help either. Appreciate your input though, thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 09:06:34 am »

Make sure it's set to "yes" now. Post a working link, the previous ones are down.

genti555

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 12:46:10 am »

it seems that i have a similar problem.
I have e big gallery and i wanted guests to upload pictures to my public albums.
So i go te the group permissions in admin panel and  to the Public albums upload i set yes for the guest group.
Than i went to every album properties and set the Visitors can upload files option to yes.
Than i changed this option for several albums and when i loged out from administrator I noticed that i could not see these albums as a guest.
I loged in as admin again and went to the albums properties again and i see that Album can be viewed by permission has changed to Me only, i try to change this permission to Everybody (Public Album) and it says no update needed. And it does not change.

Please can anybody help me on this

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 08:46:33 am »

If you have a similar problem, then a similar advice applies to you as well:
Post a working link

I loged in as admin again and went to the albums properties again and i see that Album can be viewed by permission has changed to Me only, i try to change this permission to Everybody (Public Album) and it says no update needed.
Happens if you assigned an album password. Set a blank password for the album(s). Is being described in the docs and shows that your issue differs from the thread starter's issue: you shouldn't have hijacked this very old thread.

genti555

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 05:06:42 pm »

I am sorry i have hijacked this very old thread but i thought the problem was similar to mine.
Joachim Müller thanks for the help.It is true, the albums that did not appear to the guests had password assigned to them.
It is strange because i have not assigned passwords to this albums.They must have inherited that password from the admin password because it the same characters long as my admin password.
Thanks again for your help

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 07:00:16 am »

It is strange because i have not assigned passwords to this albums.They must have inherited that password from the admin password because it the same characters long as my admin password.
Sounds hard to believe. You probably have assigned it by mistake, or you have set your browser to memorize password fields for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.