Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Template edits won't show  (Read 3897 times)

mcm

• Coppermine newbie
Template edits won't show
« on: May 15, 2006, 04:09:55 am »

I just upgraded from  to 1.4.5 .. everything was fine. Then I made some changes to the template.html. I made a two celled table and stuck the comples template table into the right cell (minus the custom header and footer tags .. I left them top and bottom outside the table.

In the left cell I placed a php include  ..  <? include '../inc/leftcol.php'; ?> .. for a left column. ... the column didn't show up .. just an empty space where the left cell is.

This is the page here .. http://thaiexpat.org/gallery/   ..(check the page source)

So then  I uploaded the original template.html ... and its still stuck the same wat .. that is .. with an empty left cell . I lokked at the page source and it still says that the include line is there, but I definatley uploaded the original unaltered template.html (This is the Classic theme by the way)

I thought it may be my browser .. so I emptied the cache (Mozilla) .. still  no change. Then I opened up Internet Explorer .. which I haven't used for months .. but emptied its cache and temp internet files as well ... same story ... no change.

I cant find a cache folder in Coppermine anywhere .. there doesn't seem to be one in the database either as far as I can see ... is there one somewhere with another type of name?

I ran the update.php twice .. no go.  I deleted the template.html and re uploaded the original from the unzipped install package .... STILL the same story ... I'm going nuts here folks!

Anyone got any clue?

Thanks in advance

???
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 03:51:03 pm by Nibbler »

mcm

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Template edits won't show
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 04:18:09 am »

Sorry .. theres no modify/edit optiion here .. have to post again.

Just wanted to say .. you can find the php include line in the page source a couple of inches past the 728X15 Google ad.

The Google ad is not supposed to be there either ... its the original unaltered template file sitting there.!

:(

mcm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 10:55:02 am »

UPDATE

Don't worry about telling me I cant use php includes in the template .. I've already sussed that out. Thats not the problem.

Now I  completly deleted the coppermine folder from the server .. deleted the database .. deleted all the cookies from my browser .. shut the browser dowm .. emptied the cache and temp internet files (why not?) .. rebooted my computer .. downloaded a fresh install package .. uploaded it .. installed it ....... and you know what  I'm going to say next don't you?

Thats right! ... the old template is STILL showing! UNBELIEVABLE ! Whats going on?  I tried switcing to the Fruity and Waterdrop themes as well .. no go .. still stuck on the old classic template from 1 installation back !

??? :'( ;D :o

P.S Where can I download an earlier version than 1.4.5?  I should have stuck to the old motto "If it ain't broke .. don't fix it!"   ;D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 12:34:33 pm by mcm »

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 12:41:35 pm »

mcm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 03:26:12 pm »

Thanks !  ;D That did the trick ... but how the hell did it get copied to there??? ... Judging by your short but helpful reply .. it must be a common occurence. What causes it? Was it from putting the php include in the template? ... No .. that doesn't explain why it was there after a fresh reinstall .... Strange !!!

???

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 03:50:32 pm »

You probably uploaded it there by accident via FTP at some point. Any template.html that is in the main gallery folder takes precedence over the one in the theme folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.