Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IE does now allow saving images correctly  (Read 53469 times)

frankae

• Coppermine novice
IE does now allow saving images correctly
« on: January 16, 2004, 09:31:24 pm »

Using the latest IE at the moment, right clicking on an image - regardless of whether thumbnail, intermediate or full-size - and choosing "Save Image As" only offers to save in bitmap format and does not offer the true file name as it is on the server (instead proposes "untitled"). Problem does not occur in Mozilla Firebird.

Is this a bug? Surely someone would have noticed this before. Is there a workaround? Thanks..

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 10:21:53 pm »

It works ok for me.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

frankae

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 12:40:37 am »

On your site it worked fine for me too, Casper.

Please anybody try my site at:

http://frank.funpic.de

Code view seems to be disallowed when using IE, but it's just a standard CPG, so this could only come from code the hoster has added. What's going on here? Does anyone know a better free host that works with CPG?

also, less important:
I have "Max width or height of an intermediate picture " set to 500 and the pic is left with height 666. A bug?

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 02:19:21 am »

Frankae,

Your gallery is the second gallery where I have noticed this behavior with IE.  The problem has something to do with downloads and the server config.  If you try saving the target rather than the picture, you will get an error about downloading.  I suspect this has something to do with .htaccess files and subdomains, but i haven't seen the issue enough to be sure what is going on.  (perhaps they only allow .html requests or something strange).  In any case, IE thinks it cannot get the picture file from the server, so it offers it to you in its native format, bitmap.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 10:53:39 am »

Quote from: "frankae"
also, less important:
I have "Max width or height of an intermediate picture " set to 500 and the pic is left with height 666. A bug?

Did you set the thumbnail 'use dimensions' setting in config to 'width', not 'height'.  This setting also affects the intermediate pic, so if it is set to 'width', the intermediate can still be bigger than the 500 you set.

I think your right clicl problem is probably related to your unable to view source problem, and as hyperion said, is something to do with server set up.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 11:02:48 am »

Quote from: "frankae"
Code view seems to be disallowed when using IE, but it's just a standard CPG, so this could only come from code the hoster has added. What's going on here? Does anyone know a better free host that works with CPG?
This usually happens if the server uses output compression...
There's also a known bug in IE (see http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum21/3831.htm ) which seems not to apply, since it's a client issue, but it happens to others as well when visiting your site.

As a side note: free webhosting s*cks!

GauGau

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 05:36:45 pm »

I have often found that when I am unable to view source with IE it is because the file cache is full.  If you clear the cache, the source is viewable again.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

frankae

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 06:05:55 pm »

thanks everyone for your plentyful input!

@hyperion: Clearing the cache indeed brings back View->Source ability from the top menu but not from the context menu, so I still think there is something wrong with my page / host in particular. When I choose to save the target rather than the picture, I do not get an error about downloading, but a dialog to download displayimage.htm.

@casper: Cool, I didn't know the thumbnail setting was the one in effect for the intermediate pictures, too. The funtion I would prefer is set pixels to XXX height or width whichever is greater. I think this would help with having cleaner line heights and widths for thumbnails.

@gaugau: Server compression seems to be off from what I can tell from http://nic.funpic.de/phpinfo.php . Also when viewing the html source it looks nice and readable and not cramped together as I would think it would look if it was compressed. Or am I mixing things up here? Regarding free hosting... I just want to wait until I actually have some content before I pay for things...

Also, I can't say I am positive, but I am almost sure that this SAVE AS problem only occured after my web host has changed the way he implements the google ad bar. It went from static at the bottom to dynamic always at the screen bottom. There is a php wrapper around any code that is mine.  The wrapper code even gets inserted in the *.reg file that the xp_publish page attempts to offer for download, causing it to dysfunction obviously. IE will download that file as .htm and Mozilla as .reg, but both will have the wrapper code.

mykee

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • One moment from Hungary
Re: IE does now allow saving images correctly
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 09:59:40 pm »

I have this problem when I use this MOD:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26858.0

My gallery here:
http://foto.acegem.hu

I don't know what a problem. If I use original functions.inc.php fuiile, then not problem. I don't understand what a problem, because after change to MOD, then IE can save only Untitled.bmp. MOD was worked, but at today I try save a picture, but I cannot download with original filename and type.
I don't know what a problem... If I install Download and Alternate File Loading v1.3 plugin without watermark MOD, then I get same problem: I cannot save real name and type in IE7...  ??? If not installed any image manipulation MOD or plugin, then no problem...  :o
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:57:06 pm by mykee »
My gallery and demo for AnythingSlider, Photocols and CollagePlus plugin: http://foto.acegem.hu/index.php

Nibbler

Re: IE does now allow saving images correctly
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 10:56:47 pm »

You are not running 1.2 so the 1.2 support board is not relevant to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.