Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showing Linked Files When Keywording  (Read 2777 times)

Amy

• Coppermine newbie
Showing Linked Files When Keywording
« on: May 12, 2006, 05:24:36 am »

Hello,

The new keyword feature on Coppermine is great - however, if an album has nothing but files linked via keyword, the album shows up as empty on the galleries until it is clicked. It's very annoying when I have 800 linked images within the album, yet the album shows up completely empty! Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? Any help is appreciated.

Amy

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Showing Linked Files When Keywording
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 05:27:58 am »

I think this will do what you want - under Config - Album List View - Show number of linked files - set to YES.

Amy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 06:01:32 am »

Thank you for replying :) However, I already having those settings in place, and am able to see the number of files a regular album holds.

My issue is that when linking a file through keywords - ie, the file is actually in the "green" category, but I've set this album's keywords to "blue" and it is now linking to all files whose keywords are also "blue" - if all the album contains is files linked via keyword, the album shows up as empty. No thumbnail or anything. However, when you click the album, you see all of the images. So, I suppose a more accurate question would be: does anybody know I can add the number of files linked via keyword into the total number of files held within the album?

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 06:08:56 am »

A link to your site might be useful.

If you have "Show number of linked files", you should see the following under an album of only linked files:
Code: [Select]
0 files, 16 linked files, 16 files total
As for the thumbnail, this has been discussed in other threads.  I don't remember the answer and would have to search to find such a thing.

edit: Oh, yeah.  This is listed under "Known Issues" in the documentation:
Code: [Select]
* No album thumbnails for albums that contain only pics linked by keywordHere's some related threads:
Feature Request: Linked Album Thumbnails
Scheduled for 1.5.x: Linked Files to album thumbnails
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 06:14:48 am by Paver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.