Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg doesn't append sid  (Read 2697 times)

tonyz

• Coppermine newbie
cpg doesn't append sid
« on: May 11, 2006, 04:20:14 pm »

I have installed coppermine 1.4.5 at this address http://tonyz.altervista.org/Gallery/
i have an issue with the id of the session not being appended to the url when javascript is disabled in the browser. My host has enable-trans-id compiled  in php.ini to off, so why coppemine doesn't append it? every time a user with javascript disabled loading a page, load a new session, making a huge number in the database.

Thanks
Tonyz
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 09:15:35 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: cpg doesn't append sid
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 06:56:37 pm »

coppermine doesn't pass the sid in the url anyway, I'm not sure what you're refering to.

tonyz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 09:11:14 pm »

Hi GauGau thank you for your support.

I try to explain better: if in the browser doesn't accept cookies usually php scripts append the id of the current session to every link in the page. Today I tried to disable cookies in firefox and I noticed that coppermine desn't propagate the sessionid attached to the links ?sessionid=randcode.
So everytime I open a page the session_start open a new session and can't read the data in the previous one.
I wonder if this is coppermine who doesn't append the session id to the links if cookies are disabled or is it a problem with my installation?

Thank you very much and compliments for this script

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 09:12:58 pm »

Coppermine doesn't work like that, it requires cookies.

tonyz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 09:14:04 pm »

Ah ok Nibbler now I have no more doubts.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.