Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Works great on my internal LAN, Public access a problem!  (Read 3333 times)

crispin

• Coppermine newbie
Works great on my internal LAN, Public access a problem!
« on: May 11, 2006, 09:22:34 am »

I'm having a thorny problem here! My site is at http://80.176.66.161/gallery/  Please have a look.
When you get there and get to login you'll see that all of the english text against form fields etc doesn't appear. If I access my server on my local lan (eg: http://192.168.0.200/gallery/ ) it all works fine. I'm assuming this is some sort of permissions problem but its odd as my router is simply doing port forwarding on http requests on 80.176.66.161 to 192.168.0.200....any ideas anyone?? Thanks!

crispin

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Works great on my internal LAN, Public access a problem!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 09:24:09 am »

Also, other php/mysql sites that are accessed externally using what I described on my original post work fine! So I dont get it!? >:( >:(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 09:37:12 am »

get to login you'll see that all of the english text against form fields etc doesn't appear.
Not sure what you mean. The labels for the form fields work for me as expected (see screenshot). If this is doesn't solve your questions, post more details. Please understand that we do not recommend self-hosting at all.

crispin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 11:21:49 am »

Thanks GauGau! It looks as 'though this is strictly a WAN/LAN gateway problem at my end - as you can get to it all OK. The self-hosting works great - interested as to why you dont recommend it??

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 11:34:29 am »

If you know what you're doing self hosting isn't a problem at all. But if you just miss a few things your box is open to hackers/ script kiddies. I can think of numerous things an 'open' server can be used for. And of course you would get hold responsible for that
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.