Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange upload problemm  (Read 6429 times)

ivvn

• Coppermine newbie
Strange upload problemm
« on: May 10, 2006, 07:50:10 pm »

I had everything work fine. Yesterday upload stopped working and I keep getting different errors. I had Error Message impossible to move and now I don't have any error messages, but upload doesn't work. One change that I did was creation of 3 new Categories. Probably upload stopped working after that. I have the permission set for all the folders and read all what I found in the forum. I deleted the new categories, but nothing changed.

What can I try to upload some more photos?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:57:27 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

ivvn

• Coppermine newbie
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:55:31 am by ivvn »

Nibbler

Re: Strange upload problemm
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 10:49:53 pm »

You need to do as suggested in the link before we can help you.

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

ivvn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 11:26:57 pm »

You need to do as suggested in the link before we can help you.

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

I did that "maintenance settings" thingie, but can't find that upload from configuration option. Where is it?

edit: After a while it now says that file is uploadet, but that photo never comes into the album or anywhere in the gallery. What is happening?

edit2: Ok, now it's the same problemm. The time 5 min ago when it sayd that upload is complete and that 1 picture is uploaded, the file did go to the directory. Only the gallery didn't show it and no thumbnail were made of it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:49:55 pm by ivvn »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 09:04:34 am »

but can't find that upload from configuration option. Where is it?

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#group_cp

ivvn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 09:11:51 am »

Today I get a new error.

This is the error of today: No file was uploaded !

If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 09:21:46 am »

does your server allow uploads then? Did you set permissions on the albums folder and everything within it as suggested in the docs? You'll have to understand that there is no such thing as CHMOD on WIndows-driven servers, yet there are permissions you need to set.
You appear to be self-hosted (which is not recommended at all), I recommend reviewing this.

ivvn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 12:13:01 pm »

does your server allow uploads then? Did you set permissions on the albums folder and everything within it as suggested in the docs? You'll have to understand that there is no such thing as CHMOD on WIndows-driven servers, yet there are permissions you need to set.
You appear to be self-hosted (which is not recommended at all), I recommend reviewing this.

Yes it does allow uploads. I did upload those photos that are in the gallery now. It just stopped uploading at one moment. No changes were made to the server. Only change was greation of 3 new categorys. I know that there are no CHMOD and windows permissions are set to the all directories. About that self host thing. What would be the problem with this?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 06:09:19 pm »

About that self host thing. What would be the problem with this?
A webserver that is reachable over the internet is under constant attacks (mostly by script kids, but sometimes by real hackers as well). Maintaining it (i.e. applying all patches, checking for vulnerabilties of it's compoents that get discovered permanently, monitoring intrusions, running backups etc.) is a 24/7 job for experienced webserver admins who have the necessary tools and hardware available. Home users hadrly are able to do this. Most pros are on Lunix  servers for this particular reason as well, as there are less vulnerabilities and subsequently less possible exploits around.
That's why we discourage users to run their own webserver. This issue has been asked often already - to find out more, please search the board and google for it.

ivvn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 08:38:15 am »

A webserver that is reachable over the internet is under constant attacks (mostly by script kids, but sometimes by real hackers as well). Maintaining it (i.e. applying all patches, checking for vulnerabilties of it's compoents that get discovered permanently, monitoring intrusions, running backups etc.) is a 24/7 job for experienced webserver admins who have the necessary tools and hardware available.
I have an administrator for my server, but I try to get the gallery to work myself.

Home users hadrly are able to do this. Most pros are on Lunix  servers for this particular reason as well, as there are less vulnerabilities and subsequently less possible exploits around. That's why we discourage users to run their own webserver.
I wasn't my choise what system we got.

This issue has been asked often already - to find out more, please search the board and google for it.
I did google for it and searched the forum for one day. Tryid all I found, but nothing worked.

Nobody can help here?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 02:53:10 pm by ivvn »

ivvn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 08:48:57 pm »

No help?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 02:18:22 am »

1) This is not a hotline, allow days for answers
2) Ask you webhost (your professional webserver admin) for support then if you have one

ivvn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 09:55:10 am »

I just don't know why, but it works now. Nothing was changed but the gallery works.

Thank you for trying to help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.