Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Files not showing / playing  (Read 44509 times)

uk_martin

• Coppermine frequent poster
Video Files not showing / playing
« on: May 08, 2006, 08:53:52 pm »

Hi

Basically the subject says it all. I have WMV and AVI files that are not showing or playing (correctly sized placeholder, but small white square with a red X in the top left corner) .

All the thumbnails are there and lead you to the display page but then nothing.

Now I'm not sure if it's Coppermine's problem or not. My web host made a change to their version of PHP on their server. If anyone knows whether this could be at fault I'd be happy to know.

Anyway, my old version of 1.32 used to show the video clips (which ranged in size from 500kb to 20mb) without problems. Then when it stopped, I thought that it must be some compatability problem between "old" Coppermine and "new" PHP, so I took the opportunity to upgrade to Coppermine 1.45.

Unfortunately, the videos still do not play, so my own uneducated conclusion is that it's not Coppermine, but a more informed opinion or solution to the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Martin
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 10:30:09 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Video Files not showing / playing
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 08:54:58 pm »

Post a link.

Troy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:07:54 am »

Hi

Basically the subject says it all. I have WMV and AVI files that are not showing or playing (correctly sized placeholder, but small white square with a red X in the top left corner) .

All the thumbnails are there and lead you to the display page but then nothing.

Now I'm not sure if it's Coppermine's problem or not. My web host made a change to their version of PHP on their server. If anyone knows whether this could be at fault I'd be happy to know.

Anyway, my old version of 1.32 used to show the video clips (which ranged in size from 500kb to 20mb) without problems. Then when it stopped, I thought that it must be some compatability problem between "old" Coppermine and "new" PHP, so I took the opportunity to upgrade to Coppermine 1.45.

Unfortunately, the videos still do not play, so my own uneducated conclusion is that it's not Coppermine, but a more informed opinion or solution to the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

I am having the same problem.  How do I fix this?  Is there a special setting that needs to modified for the wmv videos to play?  Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Troy

• Coppermine newbie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 08:49:29 am »

@Troy: The actual deep link is http://cuttingedgewebdesigns.net/members_gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2
Embedded video shows fine - showing a martial arts fight. Maybe something is wrong with your media player. Make sure that http://www.cuttingedgewebdesigns.net/members_gallery/albums/userpics/10001/backkickKO.wmv displays as expected. Make sure that your browser is configured to display embedded videos. This appears to be a client issue, not a Coppermine issue.
You're using the outdated version cpg1.4.2 - you should upgrade to the most recent stable (currently cpg1.4.6) asap!

Aeronautic

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Photographer / film maker turned webmeister...
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 07:47:42 pm »

played for me too w/plugin player in Netscape 7.2

that little dude took a whupping to the head.

i hate it when that happens.

motofzr1000

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 06:01:37 pm »

Hi,

I was running cpg 1.3.5, and last week I tried to upload 2 videos, and they played fine on my computer, except in Firefox, the video's didn't show correctly. However, there were also some problems on other computers to play the videos correctly (not the right size and cropped). So I decided to upgrade to cpg 1.4.9, and now those videos don't play at all on my computer. So, I tried to convert of the movies to wmv, if it would make a difference, but it's the same problem... When I enter the url of the actual movie itself, it does play...

This is the url of the video album: http://www.cafe-contrast.be/foto/thumbnails.php?album=66

This is the actucal url of one of the movies: http://www.cafe-contrast.be/foto/albums/videos/kriwa.wmv

If it's a client issue, that a browser doesn't play embedded videos, where do I look t change this setting ?

Jurgen

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 06:17:01 pm »

Video plays fine for me (someone running into a pile of beer cases). Client-sided issues can't be changed by fiddling with server-sided stuff, that's why they're called client-sided. I have no idea how you set up your client.

thecoalman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 11:54:16 am »

This only seems to affect IE. I'm relatively new to Coppermine, at least as far as modifying  but the following worked for me. Not sure how this would apply to different themes but open /themes/classic/theme.php If your theme.php is empty copy theme.php from the sample folder to classic.

Find:
Code: [Select]
'clsid' => 'classid="clsid:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" ',
Replace with:
'clsid' => 'classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" ',
Find:
'codebase' => 'codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701" ',
Replace with:
'codebase' => 'codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112" ',

dannyboyd

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 08:07:36 pm »

I also had the same problem after upgrading from v 148 to v.149 - and only in Internet Explorer.
Firefox was ok playing the videos.

As I am a bit impatient sometimes after trying to test and correct without  success I finally found out how to do it.

I just copied the files from the include folder (v148) to include folder (v149) on the server - and its´working again - maybe not a very scientifical solution but I`m not a programmer. It´s free to use.

http://www.vaerkstedshuset.dk/coppermine148/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=0 looki looki
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 08:15:19 pm by dannyboyd »

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 08:45:35 pm »

Neither suggestion is acceptable. If this is the issue then you should copy just the function named theme_html_picture from the sample/theme.php to your theme.php and make the change specified above.

@thecoalman: where did this code come from?

dannyboyd

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 09:30:38 pm »

It´s a bit strange to me why my "solution" is working compared to the one from Thecoalman editing the /themes/classic/theme.php-file.

But it´s working and the new functions are also intact. As a temporary solution it´s more important for me that the module is functioning - than the file look perfect.
I´m also running the classic theme (just edited the css file to make my own green colours).

It´s a mystery that I can accept - cause the module is working fine now -  Maybe some of the mystery in life which we will never get and answer to - like.....
How did Bush become president in USA ? - who has the key to womens logic ?  ;D

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 09:38:11 pm »

It's no mystery - you are using the old version of themes.inc.php and would be far better using the actual solution being discussed here. Buying a new car will fix a flat tyre, but it's overkill.

thecoalman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 11:56:32 pm »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 12:10:26 am »

I'm not sure if this is relevant to the discussion, but one reason 1.4.9 will act differently than 1.4.8 is that I synced up the sample theme with include/themes.inc.php for the 1.4.9 release.  I remember (and just checked the diff) that the classid for Windows Media Player was blank (an empty string) in include/themes.inc.php but was populated with "clsid:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" in the sample theme.  I looked up this classid on Microsoft's web site and it seemed to be correct from what I could see, so I copied it into include/themes.inc.php to sync it with the sample theme. 

What this means is that anyone who upgrades to 1.4.9 and who uses a theme that doesn't override the function theme_html_picture() will have the new non-blank classid listed above, which according to thecoalman is incorrect.  Before, the classid was an empty string, so I'm not sure why it might have worked in 1.4.8 - maybe it uses a client-side default value or something.

In any case, once the correct value is discovered for certain, I'm sure a dev will add it to include/themes.inc.php and the sample theme so the stable branch and the next release will be all set.

Nibbler

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 01:20:35 am »

It was me who set it to blank about a year ago with the commit comment 'Fixing display of movies in IE' ;) Apparently I forgot to apply the fix to the sample theme. You have synced the error back into the code.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 02:51:13 am »

Darn.  It was one of the few things (maybe the only) that went from the sample theme into the core.  Most everything else was core code that was missing in the sample theme.  I should have searched the boards for a reason to have it blank (and the changelog).  Sorry about that.

So . . . blank is the correct setting for the widest range of situations?  I'll leave it to you or others since I don't know much about these type of things.

ganesh

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
    • Gospel Gallery
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 03:31:07 pm »

Thank you everybody... Had the same problem with audio files... ;)

Shazilk

• Coppermine newbie
    • Lady Cougar
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 02:13:14 am »

This only seems to affect IE. I'm relatively new to Coppermine, at least as far as modifying  but the following worked for me. Not sure how this would apply to different themes but open /themes/classic/theme.php If your theme.php is empty copy theme.php from the sample folder to classic.

Find:
'clsid' => 'classid="clsid:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" ',
Replace with:
'clsid' => 'classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" ',
Find:
'codebase' => 'codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701" ',
Replace with:
'codebase' => 'codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112" ',

I have had the very same problem copying  from the sample theme to my theme resulted in a unexpected $ on line 253 I am not that familiar with PHP and gave up on that idea.
My solution was to use coalman's idea but in include/themes.inc.php and Yipeeee ;D

So what is right and what does blank mean?

Thank you all.... at least it's working for now.
If only i could!!

Nibbler

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 02:14:50 am »

Can a dev with access to IE please test and commit this?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.