Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I change default user gallery access permissions?  (Read 3823 times)

Informator

• Coppermine newbie
    • University of Birmingham Guild Musical Theatre Group
Can I change default user gallery access permissions?
« on: May 08, 2006, 06:50:42 pm »

Hi everybody,

I was just wondering if there were any way to adjust the default access permission for user galleries. I use CPG for the double purpose of providing public access photos of the shows we put on, which are carefully chosen; and secondly, so that all members of the group can view the unedited photos and uplaod their own.

My problem: by default all user galleries are public access. I want all user galleries to default to viewable by members of the Registered group only. This will prevent my members from displaying photos which should really be kept from the public gaze and could have a rather bad effect on our reputation! The huge majority have little to no knowledge of computer tech, so wouldn't think to check permissions.

So, is there any way to:

1) Change the default permission of all user galleries?
2) Lock this, so that users themselves cannot have public personal galleries unless the admin changes this?

The first one will suffice if the second cannot be achieved :)

Thanks for all the help!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 08:51:15 am by GauGau »
"Accept everything about yourself - and I mean everything. You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets." -Clark Moustakas

sangyo

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Can I change default user gallery access permissions?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 02:26:24 am »

I have the same question: how to set default access permission for albums?  I.e., change the default in the "Album can be viewed by" drop-down to something other than "Everybody (public album)"?

I don't mind letting users change the permission, at their discretion; I just don't want albums to be public by default.

Any takers?

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 03:54:40 am »

Typing in "default album permission" into the Search form here, gave me this thread:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26408.0

Please make sure to search in the future.

sangyo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 07:25:22 am »

Thank you!  I was searching with "default group album."  My mistake.

Informator

• Coppermine newbie
    • University of Birmingham Guild Musical Theatre Group
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 09:43:33 pm »

Thanks Paver - that's just what I wanted. I too was using a different search string, so posted up anyway. I appreciate all your help!
"Accept everything about yourself - and I mean everything. You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets." -Clark Moustakas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.