Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Google Map in Coppermine Gallery, version 2 (of mod and api)  (Read 326326 times)

Zarzal

• Coppermine novice
Re: Google Map in Coppermine Gallery, version 2 (of mod and api)
« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2009, 02:21:37 pm »

Thank you. It work for now. I will watching my gallery closly for any errors and report if I find some.

kryspin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #261 on: May 15, 2009, 01:18:55 pm »

Thank you so much for great mod. I really love it. I'm using it together with Simple Google-Maps button mod and GPS info extraction from the exif mod mentioned in this thread. It all works great.

However, since I have 3000+ geotagged pictures, I was wandering if there is a way how to populate the database with GPS info from the exif of pictures that are already in the gallery? The only way I came up with was deleting and consequently uploading and batch adding all of them again. I suppose adding only gps info (if it exists) to the db is probably a simple querry, but unfortunatelly I'm familiar neither with php nor sql... Anybody tried this?

bitcloud

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2009, 07:31:51 pm »

This is fantastic guys.... thanks for the exif mod too... i nearly shed tears when my photos appeared on the map first go modding.. :D

I only have one request... I want to put the map in a different location (namely under the image title)
I'm just not too sure how to go about doing this... if there was some way to generate a variable that contained the necessary code, I could drop it anywhere without too much grief...

Any clues would be greatly appreciated :)

-BC

bitcloud

« Reply #263 on: July 29, 2009, 07:12:50 pm »

Hi,

I think i've found a glitch.
When I have several files in exactly the same location, they show up in tabbed balloons (which is fantastic), but I can't click these images from the sidebar...
All images that don't share Long/Lats with any others are clickable from the sidebar, but those which occupy exactly the same coords aren't clickable...

Also, It would be great if they all clustered like this by default - ie, as you zoom out, they cluster and become tabbed off a single icon, rather than displaying 20 or so icons all on top of each other...

Cheers

bitcloud

« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2009, 07:29:51 pm »

^ It's specifically to do with (in map.inc.php):
Code: [Select]
if (this.marker.tabs.length > 2) {
  //this.marker.tabs[0].contentElem = '<div style="width:'+this.marker.tabs.length*88+'px">' + this.marker.tabs[0].contentElem + '</div>';
}

I comment this out and I get my sidebar clicky functionality for items where there are more than 2 tabs, but the balloon looks crazy (strangely, when I look at these without it commented, they balloon still looks crazy... either way, I think these three lines aren't functioning correctly, but I don't know enough JS to offer up any bugfix unfortunately)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #265 on: August 01, 2009, 09:48:32 am »

Thanks for looking into that issue, bitcloud. I remember that issue and the workaround was to change the coordinates a little bit. It's annoying but that's how workarounds are. :) Sorry about that.

@all, it seems like it might not be possible for me to spend time on this until after I finish planning my wedding and settle down into married life. It pains me not to be able to improve upon something that seems to be so helpful to many people. Hopefully I'll have more time in Q2 2010. Then again, I might need shoulder surgery which I prefer to do after the wedding so I don't have ugly scars.

This is probably too much information but I wanted to make it clear that I haven't forgotten this project nor have I stopped caring. :)

bitcloud

« Reply #266 on: August 02, 2009, 07:29:18 pm »

No worries Tranz, thanks again for all your work so far.

I'm gonna try and mod this to use an external dynamic xml thing soon (so that it loads up only items that are in the vicinity, and groups items that are close... should speed things up)
I'm not too crash hot at all this coding stuff, but anything I uncover I'll try share...  :)

Hope your wedding a surgery goes well... that's your coding shoulder you've gotta look after there :D

Heroe

• abroadbg.com
« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2009, 03:03:13 pm »

Hi TranzNDance, love yr hack but can u write how do u make the search field in locations_map.php please

Regards Ivo :)

wilburburns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2009, 09:01:13 pm »

I realize that Tranz may not be able to answer and help for a while, but maybe some others can. 

When using IE, the image Scrollbar in the map view has disappeared.  FireFox shows the scrollbar, but IE Does not. 

This appears to be a CSS Problem, which I am trying to correct.  Can anyone point me to the correct files to correct this. 

So far, I am quite happy with the Hack...

Thanks,
Cliff

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #269 on: October 01, 2009, 08:26:03 am »

@Heroe, Sorry, I'm not sure what part of the code the search box is in. If it's not in the published code, then I suppose it is modified code that I hadn't gotten around to posting.

@wilburburns, the scrollbar showed up when I view my map in IE8. Which version are you using? Which map are you looking at that has the problem?

wilburburns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2009, 03:50:05 pm »

Most notably. IE 7 is where I am having trouble.  IE 8 the issue appears to correct itself.  That being said, I still have <Div> overflow issues in IE8 and Firefox. 

Feel free to have a look at the page at http://photo.wmbinc.com/mapmenow.php

Currently, I have the Width set to 50% in hopes that the problem would go correct itself, but unfortunately, it hasn't. 

Cliff

wilburburns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2009, 03:54:25 pm »

Notice how on this screenshot, the same page has scrollbars on the right, but they overflow past the outside border.  Better but still not correct.

I don't have a PC with IE8 handy to get a screenshot of it.

Thanks,
Cliff

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2009, 05:27:02 am »

Hmm... I am not sure if it's worth the time fixing code for an old broken browser. :) I used to play that game getting things to work with IE but then it broke things for other browsers. Now, there are not only more modern browsers to choose from, IE users can install Google Chrome Frame.

wilburburns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #273 on: October 02, 2009, 05:37:45 am »

Hmm... I am not sure if it's worth the time fixing code for an old broken browser. :) I used to play that game getting things to work with IE but then it broke things for other browsers. Now, there are not only more modern browsers to choose from, IE users can install Google Chrome Frame.

Trust me, I agree in all aspects.  But, I still need to get this fixed.  Usability in IE7+ is required for this project. 

Unfortunately, I have seen several systems where upgrading to IE8 and the Newest MSN have caused many problems.  But, that's slightly off-topic. 

Can you at least five me an idea where to begin looking to try and fix this.  You are much more familiar with the code than I am.  I just installed the hack/mod this week.  All of my other Coppermine installations are basic and no Mods..

Thanks,
Cliff

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #274 on: October 02, 2009, 07:22:42 am »

Here's the css portion of the code. http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,31206.msg144446.html#msg144446

I would start there. I mentioned IE in that post, so maybe that has something to do with it. Have you tried that yet?

wilburburns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #275 on: October 02, 2009, 03:48:31 pm »

Thank You Tranz.. With a little tweaking, I was able to get an acceptable look and usability with IE7, IE8, and FireFox. 

Cliff

Heroe

• abroadbg.com
« Reply #276 on: December 27, 2009, 03:39:16 pm »

Hi TranzNDance

I found one small error in yr instructions that W3C show.

In your instructions the code you add to Master Template Plugin the CSS :

<style type="text/css">

#gmap {
width: 95%;
height: 500px;
border: outset grey;
}

#small_map { /* for maps in editOnePic.php, displayimage.php, and editpics.php */
width: 300px;
height: 300px;
color: black;
margin: 5px auto;
}

.infowindow { /* styling for map popup  */
height: 200px;
overflow: auto;
text-align: left;
}

#gmap_sidebar { /* contains thumbnails that link to points on the map. scrollbar appears if the content is too long */
background-color: black;
width: 90%;
height: 500px;
overflow:auto;
text-align: center;
/*
padding: 0 10px 0 15px;
background-image:url(../../images/tile.gif) ;
background-repeat: repeat-y;
background-position: left;
*/
}

#gmap_sidebar img { /* adds spacing around thumbnails in the sidebar */
margin: 10px 0 0 0;
border: 2px solid black;
}

#gmap_sidebar a:hover img { /* highlights hovered thumbnails in the sidebar */
border: 2px solid silver;
}

#gmap_sidebar a:hover { /* hand cursor shows when hovered over thumbnails in the sidebar */
cursor: pointer;
}

#gmap_sidebar hr { /* style for the horizontal rule that separates groups of images in the sidebar */
width: 60%;
}

</style>

return  1 error. If u want to check here  http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ :

#small_map { /* for maps in editOnePic.php, displayimage.php, and editpics.php */
height: 300px;
color: black;
margin: 5px auto;
}

border: outset grey
colour grey need to be changed to hexadecimal color.

I change the color to  #736F6E to pass the validation. :) Is not something important but i just want to let u know. :)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2010, 06:58:05 pm »

Hi Heroe,

I appreciate you taking the time to point this out. I looked through my site's code and the posted sample code and could not find the line. My map page was able to pass validation so it seems that it's not necessary to use hexadecimal color. I think the issue might have been the spelling of grey vs gray. The sample code used gray so that should be okay.

From http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp
The W3C HTML and CSS standards have listed only 16 valid color names:
aqua, black, blue, fuchsia, gray, green, lime, maroon, navy, olive, purple, red, silver, teal, white, and yellow.

If you want valid HTML or CSS use the HEX values instead.

wilburburns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2010, 03:36:06 pm »

Ok, I'm experiencing some performance issues.  I believe these are mostly caused by the amount of files I have Geo Tagged. 

Problem 1:
The Google Map appears to be loading Last in the Map View when using Internet Explorer 8.  For Example: the Pictures load then the Map loads.  This causes a long delay when trying to load quite a few Pics in the map. 

Problem 2:
I am receiving the following error when clicking on View Markers for ALBUMS
Fatal error: Cannot return string offsets by reference in ......RemovedPath...inc.com/include/functions.inc.php on line 2034
Any idea what this might be?

Question 1:
How Can the Default for the Map Page be set to a Specific Album instead of the Default "All Images".  I believe changing this would help with some of my performance problems.

Quetion 2:
I would like to add a Direct link to the Album view, which would be similar to selecting an album from the dropdown box in the Map view.  How would I need to do this, and how can I get the ID of the Album currently being viewed?

Thanks,
Cliff

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #279 on: January 22, 2010, 06:36:45 am »

When you select an album from the dropdown box, the url should show the direct url with the album id. To specify a album, try editing maps.inc.php and adding this line to the beginning of the page where other variables are first introduced.

$album = 1;
where 1 is the album id that you want to show. I haven't tested this code, though, so I can't guarantee that it would work.

As for the error, it seems to be referring to a core file, not something from the maps code, so I'm not sure. Do you see that message anywhere else?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.