Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resize Original Photos  (Read 3655 times)

Vance

• Coppermine newbie
Resize Original Photos
« on: May 06, 2006, 06:20:05 pm »

I already have a bunch of photos uploaded to my gallery. The original images were too large. I want to resize them on the server if possible. I found the setting to auto resize on upload. That is fine for all future uploads.
I see the resize option in Admin Tools, but it does not resize the original. (only thumbnails and resized images)

I have been searching but have only come up with one hack for 1.3 that allows resizing of the original photos. I don't think it will work on 1.4x.

Any suggestions?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

IanB

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Resize Original Photos
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 04:34:03 am »

I am also interested in resizing (re-sizing) original images. ie not thumbs or intermediate images. I have looked on the thread for the modpack referred to in the above post but there is no indication that this is addressed. Have I missed something? I am using 1.4.5 which works like a dream I might add.
I suspect the only solution is to re-upload resized images (ie the revised size) and run the "Reload file dimensions and size information".
Now this is fine for files batch uploaded because I can "see" them in the folders created for FTP uploading. It's a shame to waste all that bandwidth on re-uploading but such is life.
I notice that user uploaded files are in folders that have permissions that do not make them visible to the 'owner' of the site. I'm not too fussed about this and will not bother replacing these files as there aren't many on my site as most have been batch uploaded.
Incidentally, on sublect of permissions, I have my FTP folders at 776 to ensure successful upload and installation. What would be best once that task has been completed? ie maximum protection that will allow Coppermine to still display images?

One more thing that might help some people batch uploading a large number of images. My FTP program (Cute FTP Pro) doesn't like too many files at one time - I usually keep it to about 6 or 7 which means a lot of mucking around when you have 60 or so. I now create a tar file on the PC, upload as one (large) file into my FTP folder, untar it, then delete the tar file before performing batch upload via the Coppermine interface - much much easier.

Thanks for a great great package. :)

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 04:47:58 am »

@IanB: Wow, there's quite a number of questions in your post.  Please try to keep to "one question per thread" which is the policy on this forum.  I know some questions are related to each other and so "one issue per thread" is relevant in that case, but keep it simple so that each thread is clear in topic and can be discussed and resolved in an organized way.

For this thread's topic, if you resize the original photos on your client and want to replace the current ones, there's a plugin "File Replacer" on the plugins board to do so.  But this is one at a time.  For a lot of files, using a TAR archive is reasonable, or using a proper FTP client to queue up a list of files.  I don't know CuteFTP Pro, but SmartFTP (which is free) easily handles queues with automatic reconnect and the whole shebang.

For resizing on the server, I would suggest looking at the "auto resize on upload" code and repurposing that for the current images.  The question is exactly how to do so.

IanB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 05:45:42 am »

OK thanks for this and point taken re too much in thread - sorry.
I think I'll stick with re-uploading re-sized images and running the Reload file dimensions and size information utilty. It works just fine.
Thank you once again ;D

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 07:21:35 am »

I am also interested in resizing (re-sizing) original images. ie not thumbs or intermediate images. I have looked on the thread for the modpack referred to in the above post but there is no indication that this is addressed. Have I missed something?

of course it does cause if you want to undo or redo watermarks than this should work for fullsized images too. Hence there's an option to process fullsized images again in admin tools
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 15 queries.