Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: searchnew.php from 1.4.5 to CPM 1.3.5  (Read 3728 times)

dziejo

• Coppermine newbie
searchnew.php from 1.4.5 to CPM 1.3.5
« on: May 03, 2006, 09:37:51 pm »

I use Coppermine 1.3.5 and don' t want to upgrade to 1.4.5 because of search feature which allows to use "NOT" between keywords in the older version.
However Coppermine 1.4.5 has got very usefull feature in batch adding files. I mean browsing particular directories without need to see them all (with all subdirectories).
Is it possible to use searchnew.php file from 1.4.5 in 1.3.5 version? Of course it needs changes in code but I don' t know will they be big or maybe just few lines...... ::)

Thanks for help!

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: searchnew.php from 1.4.5 to CPM 1.3.5
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 10:07:32 pm »

Sorry, but I doubt developers are going to take the time and effort to backport code for an old version. There are reasons why we make new versions.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: searchnew.php from 1.4.5 to CPM 1.3.5
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 03:53:08 am »

You might find once you update that you or someone else can create a mod or a plugin that adds "NOT" to the search features.  I'm hoping to add some advanced search features (beyond the Search Album plugin) when I get to it.  They might be incorporated into 1.5 or they'll be folded into a plugin.

Once you upgrade, if you want to look at the feature requests board or post on the plugins support board and ask for a plugin modification to my Search plugin, I might find some time to look into it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.