Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollover Image Protection  (Read 4528 times)

kwcraft

• Coppermine newbie
Rollover Image Protection
« on: May 17, 2005, 10:12:22 pm »

I ran across a site the other day that was using a rollover to protect his images from being right clicked. Basically whenever someone ran the mouse over the image the image switched to a big copyright symbol. Nothing fancy, just short sweet and to the point.

I'd like to do this on my gallery as I've already had several people mention that they've just copied the files off the server and printed themselves.

I know how to create the rollover effect for a menu system or something similar, but with dynamic filenames, I'm not sure how to accomplish this. All of the images on the site are (or should be) 1 size, so the rollover image will be the same image for everything.

Anyone know how to do this? Anyone done it before?

What type of protection does everyone else use to keep people from downloading their images?

Thanks,

Ken

errormessage

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Rollover Image Protection
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 01:48:07 am »

I renew this post.  I too would like copy protection for my thousands of files.  Is there a way to stop right clicking in Coppermine?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 02:04:09 am »

Right click disable is a waste of time, IMO.  If I turn off javascript in my browser, I can right click all I want.  If I leave it on, I just scan my browser's cache and find the images I viewed on your site.

There's no way to prevent someone from saving your pictures.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

guarantee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 12:51:37 pm »

So true ....... best to do what I do and watermark your photo's
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.