Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: profile.php?op=edit_profile error  (Read 4739 times)

bumblebeestudio

• Coppermine newbie
profile.php?op=edit_profile error
« on: May 18, 2006, 04:56:40 pm »

With the new version I am getting this error:

"There was an error while processing a database query"

when I am logged in as admin and want to change my profile.

Nibbler

Re: profile.php?op=edit_profile error
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 04:58:01 pm »

Enable debug mode in config and post the mysql error message (not the entire debug output) you receive when you replicate the error. Please search the board before posting and use exact version numbers.

bumblebeestudio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 05:06:14 pm »

Oh thank you Nibbler...I was quick to post and not search...I see now that this is a mySQL error, not a program error. I don't know the mySQL language but hopefully I can study and figure it out...

While executing query "SELECT user_name, user_email, user_group, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(user_regdate) as user_regdate, group_name, user_location, user_interests, user_website, user_occupation, user_group_list, COUNT(pid) as pic_count, ROUND(SUM(total_filesize)/1024) as disk_usage, group_quota FROM cpg140_users AS u INNER JOIN cpg140_usergroups AS g ON user_group = group_id LEFT JOIN cpg140_pictures AS p ON p.owner_id = u.user_id WHERE user_id ='1' GROUP BY user_id " on 0

mySQL error: Unknown column 'user_location' in 'field list'

File: /hsphere/local/home2/designho/kifa.us/art/include/functions.inc.php - Line: 105

USER:
------------------
Array
(
    [ID] => a8c2cf6f722376e7f08b4bb8ed6d86d4
    [am] => 1
    [lang] => english-utf-8
)

==========================

-Joyce (while your at it, Nibbler - sedate me too!)

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 05:10:17 pm »

Is this an upgrade from 1.3 ?
Did you run update.php ?
Does your mysql user have ALTER permissions ?

bumblebeestudio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 05:13:13 pm »

Hi Nibbler,

It's a fresh install...I may have uloaded a backup of the mySQL...but I don't remember. I need to turn off my right artsy brain for this. I am totally a right brained person  :-[ I'm ckecking into the alter permissions...the user should have that but double checking...

bumblebeestudio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 05:33:00 pm »

It looks like the error says that 'user_location' does not exist. I am going to go into PHPmyadmin and attempt to put that in there and try again.

PS - sorry I was hoping the coppermine gallery was dummy proof, so I could be lazy...forgive me :P

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 05:37:07 pm »

Make sure you have 1.4 versions of all your files, use the versionchecker to make sure. user_location should not be there on a 1.4 gallery, so it seems you are using old code somehow.

bumblebeestudio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 05:55:04 pm »

Oh...I think its a problem with my host :(

I am not installing from scratch. I am using the host's installer...sorry to bug you...I will bug the host on this problem. If worse comes to worse I will download and install manually...

But THANK YOU for your gracious responses :) you are a sweetie pie :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 09:52:26 pm »

1) Don't use an auto-installer supplied by your webhost. They are outdated and known to be buggy

2) Nibbler told you in his first posting on this thread NOT to post debug_output, yet you did. I have told you so as well in two other threads. Are you doing this on purpose? Don't edit out your above posting, just respect board rules and supporter's suggestions in the future!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.