Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme won't show (neither in the config drop down menu)  (Read 10307 times)

R!ta

• Coppermine newbie
Theme won't show (neither in the config drop down menu)
« on: April 29, 2006, 09:16:21 pm »

Hello. I moved my gallery to a new server and now the themes won't show. The database seems to work fine but I am not able to set a default theme in config.php, on the theme drop down where my 2 themes are supposed to show up, it's only a small blank drop down menu. And so I can't pick a theme. it looks like this www.christianslater.net/gallery when it's supposed to look exactly like this www.christian-slater.com/gallery

Any idea how to solve this? I did check in phpmyadmin to set the default theme but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Rita

Nibbler

Re: Theme won't show (neither in the config drop down menu)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 09:18:57 pm »

Check permissions on the themes directory and all files within it.

R!ta

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 09:20:56 pm »

I am not able to chmod any folders on the new server (godaddy.com) it says "Command not understood" but then again the pictures work..although the albums are not chmoded.
Are the themes folder meant to be chomoded?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 11:02:18 pm »

Actually, the themes folder is not even there.

http://www.christianslater.net/gallery/themes/

SuzyQness

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 10:57:41 pm »

I've been having this identical problem, and I use godaddy as my host as well....wonder what's up?  I've been using the same host (no switch for me) - permissions appear to be in order, there is a themes folder and all looks right inside of it.  I've contacted godady's tech support but no answer yet...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 11:38:07 pm »

hard to say without a link... ::)

SuzyQness

• Coppermine newbie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 06:58:23 pm »

appears to be the similar issue: no theme folder - http://rodriguezmusicboosters.org/coppermine/themes/ returns a 404 not found. Re-upload your themes folder, as suggested above

SuzyQness

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 04:08:36 pm »

I can see my themes folder with my FTP--I get an error ("Command not understood" ) when I try to CHMOD the themes or subfolders; I have tried re-uploading and it appears to upload, I can see the folder and subfolders on the server.  It has all worked wonderfully well for two years, and now...and godaddy hasn't responded yet to my support request....still waiting to hear from them.

SuzyQness

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 08:24:36 pm »

Update--still no solution though.  GoDaddy says they don't support third party apps.  I'm using a windows host so CHMOD command isn't understood.  Godaddy support did walk me through changing or resetting folder permissions and it appears to happen, but still doesn't solve the problem.  I can see the themes folder and  subfolders and files, but no one else can.  Godaddy says they cannot set permissions for me.  Do I need to reinstall it all?  Should I just start over?   :'(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 09:41:26 pm »

read the permissions section of the docs - in fact, the permissions section of cpg1.4.x applies to cpg1.3.x as well, so you better read that. Why are you on Windows webhosting in the first place if you don't even know about the Windows permissions system in the first place? What's the use of using Windows webhosting (that is often more expensive, always less secure and has more issues with pre.made scripts). If Godaddy say they can't change permissions for you, then I'd consider changing webhosts. Godaddy have a nasty reputation, you're welcome to search the board for unhappy campers who had Godaddy issues - the forum is full of their complaints.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.