Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to replace photos ?  (Read 3049 times)

fugitiv3

• Coppermine newbie
how to replace photos ?
« on: June 02, 2006, 02:51:12 am »

Hi pplz :)

can someone help me, i have an issue.. i'm an admin at a gallery, ver 1.4.2.
i need to replace a lot of uploaded photos without loosing previous comments posted by users.

*example*

picture 'mountain.jpg'
comments :
1: excellent photo
2: great quality..
3: ;d

i need to replace mountain.jpg with vulcano.jpg without loosing these comments  ;D

sorry for such a dumb example, but i'm very tired, havent got time to think of any better..

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 12:31:02 pm by GauGau »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: how to replace photos ?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:13:22 am »

It seems strange that you would use the same comments that were submitted for a different photo on the new photo.  In your example, if someone said "excellent photo", don't you think that shouldn't apply to a new photo you replace (that the user hasn't seen yet)?

In any case, the plugin "file_replacer" (on the plugin contributions board) is useful for one-at-a-time replacement.  You'd have to modify that plugin with an effective user interface to handle lots of photos.

Or you could create the raw SQL commands to replace the files manually in the _pictures table.  It depends upon what your skills are and how often you will be doing this.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 08:44:47 am »

Side note: it's mandatory to upgrade from cpg1.4.2 to the most recent version (currently cpg1.4.6)!

fugitiv3

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 04:27:30 pm »

It seems strange that you would use the same comments that were submitted for a different photo on the new photo.  In your example, if someone said "excellent photo", don't you think that shouldn't apply to a new photo you replace (that the user hasn't seen yet)?

In any case, the plugin "file_replacer" (on the plugin contributions board) is useful for one-at-a-time replacement.  You'd have to modify that plugin with an effective user interface to handle lots of photos.

Or you could create the raw SQL commands to replace the files manually in the _pictures table.  It depends upon what your skills are and how often you will be doing this.

> its a users gallery, and users often want to change their photos...

this plugin isnt working, i install it, and option 'replace file' shows up.. when i select which photo to upload it starts to upload, but nothing happens... : (

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 12:41:59 am »

This thread is not the proper place to discuss your issues with the plugin.

fugitiv3

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 02:13:24 pm »

Ok, sorry, wont happen again  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.