Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom fields with value lists, advanced search, imagesize  (Read 5736 times)

mburkardt

• Coppermine newbie
Custom fields with value lists, advanced search, imagesize
« on: January 14, 2004, 01:11:53 pm »

I work for a spanish development NGO.
We would like to use coppermine to bring our 25.000 fotos of our development projects into our intranet.
Most of our specific needs are greatly covered by coppermine, but there are a few aditional features needed:

Bind value lists to custom fields : For example we need a field "Country" where user only can choose a countryname out of a list.
I supose to do this I have to an auxiliary table with the lists and than modify the input screen to popup the list when the field is edited.

Delete original size image:
To save disk space we only want to maintain the thumbnail and mid-sized image on the server, but not the heavy original image which in our case is about 1MB per image. I've no idea how to start to do this. Maybe the easiest way would be a small script to bulk-resize images localy whith Imagemagick before upload? (I saw in the forum that this feature has been requested also by another person)

Advanced search:
We need to search for a combination of specific fields. e.g.: Country= "Albania" Year="2003". I supose this could be done wit a html form and some string operations to create the query string. (I think this has also been requested before)

I worked quite a lot with SQL and know some PHP but I don't have much practicle experience. I would like to find some volunteers to help me in the development of these features.  :roll:

Well to start I have some questions: :?:
1) Has anybody already developed a solution for one of these 3 features?
2) Is there some kind of developer guideline document for coppermine?
3) Can somebody give me an idea of how complex or simple these 3 developments would be?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 02:54:42 pm by GauGau »

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 06:51:48 pm »

#1 - Topic 2

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=244

This does it automatically, and I believe the batch tool can do it by request.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

mburkardt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 08:53:08 pm »

Thank you for your quick and helpfull answer.

The code solves my full-size image problem perfectly. :D

grasland

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Custom fields with value lists, advanced search, imagesize
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 04:25:53 pm »

Bind value lists to custom fields : For example we need a field "Country" where user only can choose a countryname out of a list.
I supose to do this I have to an auxiliary table with the lists and than modify the input screen to popup the list when the field is edited.

I would like an option like that too. It would be great to be able to point at a field/table in the database from which you want to choose a value. This could be handy for all returning standard values in catalogue-like photoalbums. It would be fantastic if this would result in extra fields of info.

For example: a site with pictures of plants.
With every picture you want to set the scientific name, english name and in my case the dutch name of the species displayed. I already have a table database of species-names. While adding a picture I want the opportunity to select a species from a drop-down list with dutch names. The scientific and english names will also be displayed.

So far for the idea, but now the solution.... is there anybody out there who did this already?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 08:09:23 pm »

there are advanced search options in the unsupported beta cpg1.4.x, you're welcome to test it. This thread is very old already.

chavez

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 12:42:00 pm »

Hello everybody  :)
I want to say THANK YOU to the Coppermine Team for creating such a wonderful gallery system, which I adopted for my needs.: www.gallery.photo-aviation.net
As the topic is still open, I am taking the opportunity to support the request of mburkardt
I am a plane spotter who publishes his aviation pictures online. I would love to see Bind value lists to custom fields and advanced search.
I spot mostly in same few airports and typing very and over again the name of the airports in description for several hundred files is annoying. Same about limited aircraft types and carriers. Also I wish to see more custom fields, at least two more.
On the course of advanced search requested by mburkardt, we might think about alphabetical indexes of values in that custom fields. For example I would like to have an index of all aircraft types or locations where I spotted, and mburkardt might like to be able to list locations or years for his projects.
In another thread that was turned down, I read about hiding/displaying informaiton sections. When I am showing a picture in my gallery, I don't think my guest would care about file size, original file name, or pixel dimmensions. They care about information shown in the custom fields, so I would like to be able to hide all other information.
Anyway, Coppermine is the best solution I tried for my pictures, and I see what I described above, well, Coppermine will be 1000% suiting my needs and my spotting friends as well. Then I am really ready to pay for my CPG copy. ;D

Cheers

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 02:54:17 pm »

This thread is ancient: meanwhile, cpg1.4.x has been released as stable. It actually contains advanced search. If you want further features, please start a new thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.