Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: admin upload to a users gallery  (Read 4066 times)

bucster

• Coppermine newbie
    • The Ford Cortina in Australia
admin upload to a users gallery
« on: January 20, 2006, 12:49:55 pm »

Hi,
I have a query, unsure if its possible, or is already a feature which i am unaware off.
A user uploaded a photo to his personal gallery.
The photo was a nice picture but needed some serious cropping and modifications to lighten the picture.
So i adjusted the photo, and tried to upload it back into the users gallery, which didnt allow access to the album on the upload.
I could only load it into the public gallery, i then tried to change the users settings to allow uploads from the visitors/registered group.
And send the photo to the users personal gallery, but the users personal gallery didnt show up in the drop down box either.

Am i missing something or Admin does not have pemission to upload files to a users personal album?

I sorta stuffed up, because i deleted the file from the users personal album, before i confirmed that i couldn't replace the file.

Any help would be appreciated.
I read the documentation and several searches revealed some threads which were close but didn't quite answer my query.

Regards
Bucster
Kind Regards

Bucster

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: admin upload to a users gallery
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 08:18:58 pm »

The admin indeed can't upload to a user's personal gallery. I think someone posted a hack that will enable this feature - please search the board.
You should have downloaded the pic using your FTP app, and after editing you should have uploaded it again using FTP, overwriting the old file. Then, you should have run the admin tool to re-create the thumbnail and intermediate.

webfairy

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 07:03:43 pm »

I am sorry, but that is wrong information.  Admin can upload to a users   personal album.  admin just  has to go in and edit that album and change it to yes for visitors to upload. thern you get the drop down box in both upload files and batch upload.  Just make sure you go in and change back the visitor permission to no afterwards.

The admin indeed can't upload to a user's personal gallery. I think someone posted a hack that will enable this feature - please search the board.
You should have downloaded the pic using your FTP app, and after editing you should have uploaded it again using FTP, overwriting the old file. Then, you should have run the admin tool to re-create the thumbnail and intermediate.

Anti-venom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 07:36:51 am »

I am sorry, but that is wrong information.  Admin can upload to a users   personal album.  admin just  has to go in and edit that album and change it to yes for visitors to upload. thern you get the drop down box in both upload files and batch upload.  Just make sure you go in and change back the visitor permission to no afterwards.

I tried this and it didn't work for me. I only got the admin album.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 03:41:21 pm »

That's why you should trust the official supporters and not some guest who has a negative karma record of minus ten. As suggested: this is not possible, call it missing feature or security measure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.