Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Password Protected Album  (Read 3527 times)

dailymess

• Coppermine newbie
Password Protected Album
« on: April 25, 2006, 04:46:11 am »

I decided to change an album from public to password protected. Entered a password and hint in the configuration and can't seem to get it working. It's exactly the same. Decided to try from a friends house too, just in case it was remembering me as an admin from a cookie or ip or cache or via satalite from Mars... and nothing.

Did I forget to do something? I read the Documentation section and it looks like I followed the two basic steps.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: Password Protected Album
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:26:23 am »

Perhaps a link to your site with the info of album which you are trying to password protect might help....
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

dailymess

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 07:46:54 pm »

I realize that supplying a link may help, but that would require me to delete all of the images that need protecting. I'll try in another one of my Coppermine albums and see if it works there. If it doesn't, I will supply a link.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 08:15:44 pm »

Note: when setting an album password, the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" will be switched automatically to "me only" - this is expected behaviour. If you change the "Album can be viewed by" to another selection, you must disable the album password as well.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 08:58:27 am »

Nibbler quoted from the docs:
Album Password: you can specify an album to be password-protected (instead of relying on the "regular" group-based permissions). This way, you can even allow access for unlogged users (guests) who you provide the password to. Use this option, for example, to set up an album for your family members only by specifying a password that only they can come up with answering an additional password hint (e.g. "What was the maiden name of aunt Emma?"), or you could decide to send the particular password to specific friends, family or business associates by email. The optional password hint will be displayed at the password prompt, when set.

Note: when setting an album password, the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" will be switched automatically to "me only" - this is expected behaviour. If you change the "Album can be viewed by" to another selection, you must disable the album password as well.

JohnM-UK

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 01:54:26 pm »

I decided to change an album from public to password protected. Entered a password and hint in the configuration and can't seem to get it working. It's exactly the same. Decided to try from a friends house too, just in case it was remembering me as an admin from a cookie or ip or cache or via satalite from Mars... and nothing.

Did I forget to do something? I read the Documentation section and it looks like I followed the two basic steps.
I'm having exactly the same problem. I have an album I want to be viewed by anyone, (not logged in), that I give the password to. I can create a album with a password (Does the password hint field have to be filled in?) and through the config panel set Albums can be private YES, Show private album Icon to unlogged user YES. So I log out, the click on the private album (which has a default 'private' icon). It asks for the password, so I enter it, but then if I close the page and go back it doesn't ask me for a password again. I even deleted the cookie and closed the page and it didn't ask me for the password. I even created a seperate cookie so it works seperately from other areas of my webspace (eg. a phpbb forum). So does this function work on IP logging or something as mentioned in the earlier post? Is it possible to change it so it works on cookies and has a expiry time?

http://www.oneuk.f2s.com/photos/index.php

Test Album
password: viewalbum

cookie:
photos/
Cookie:you@www.oneuk.f2s.com/photos/

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 06:32:08 pm »

it work fine for me
I entered the password and loged in then cleared my cookie and gallery prompt for password again !
Probably you didn't delete your cookie correctly (completely)
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

JohnM-UK

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 12:14:18 am »

Well it appears to be working for me now, not sure what I did! If I log out and delete the cookie, its shows the private album image and asks for a password again. I guess my next question would be about cookie ixpiration, but I'll post in a different topic. So this one, for now.... Solved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.