Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OScommerce /CRELOADED + Coppermine - (should CPG be built into OSC?)  (Read 4130 times)

simplesurfer

• Coppermine newbie

Aloha, I am about to embark upon converting CPG to work within my CRELOADED 6.2 PRO store.

before i do,

1) what does everyone think about this ?   
2) is there an easy way to do this?
3) has any one tried it ?

also... does any one know of a "thin" template for cpg ?   
      i only have 515px of width in my template for CPG to live in.

Cool... thanks every one...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: OScommerce /CRELOADED + Coppermine - (should CPG be built into OSC?)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 11:50:49 am »

We (the Coppermine dev team) aren't fond of ports, as they have in the past turned out to be boomerangs: the authors of the ports sooner or later lost interesst to maintain their port, leaving users with an outdated piece of software. Users of those ports used to flood our board then with questions we didn't know the answers to. As a result, those users left in frustration. The word "port" leaves a sour taste in my mouth, I'm not that exited about yet another port. We favor bridges (who just do the necessary user authentification, but no visual integration) over ports, it's the recommended way to go.
Although the license Coppermine comes with (GNU GPL) allows you to use it commercially under certain conditions, you have to be aware of the implications the license will have on the overall, commercial product you're suggesting to port coppermine for. You can go ahead and create the port, but don't expect support by the dev team to build the port.
I suggest coming up with a bridge file for OScommerce as a frist step, closer integration is difficult. Putting an image gallery like coppermine into a small space in a three-column-layout is hard. Imo a photo gallery like coppermine that is so feature-rich isn't needed for people who use OScommerce (or a spin-off) to sell their products, with all the stuff coppermine is capable to do on a community-level (e.g. you wouldn't want users to upload pics into their own personal gallery imo).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.