Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Special permission group  (Read 3734 times)

tetractis

• Coppermine newbie
Special permission group
« on: April 22, 2006, 09:08:44 am »

hi all,

please, i need to create a special group "without" delete (albums, images, and so on) permissions. Users belonging to this group (i.e. "Viewers") cannot delete anything. They can login with password, and ONLY view, write comments, send Ecards.

How can i set this?

(cpg 1.4.2)

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Special permission group
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 09:49:56 am »

well, then set that group up on the groups page - what's the actual question?

tetractis

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 10:25:03 am »

Thank you for promp response. I will give you more details:

Figure that:

a: A wedding photographer site (username: manager (admin. Person in charge for setup spouses album after wedding))
b: spouses album (username: spousesA (normal users with rights for upload and delete))
c: the participants to the wedding (username: partecipantsA)

"Manager" set up an album for "spousesA". "spousesA" via e-cards invite "partecipantsA" to login with unique login and password. "partecipantsA" can only view, comment and send E-cards.

It is advisable that will exist spousesB and partecipantsB like  spousesC and partecipantsC ... and so on.

Despite spouses are normal users with normal permission group, partecipants user must belong to one group with only view, comment and send E-cards permissions and NOT DELETE nor view "Delete" button on page.

I thinked to create partecipant group (ID=7) and intercept this ID in file delete.php in function delete_picture($pid) and delete_album($pid):

pseudocode:
if groupID=7 then do_nothing

this idea borns from desperation. :(

Please, have you a better solution? (i.e. add a flag-radio button in group setup)?

Thanks in advance!

David

tetractis

• Coppermine newbie
Customization Problem
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 07:50:07 pm »

hi all!
I have to solve a customization problem for my son Photographer site.

Please, figure that:

a: A wedding photographer site (username: manager (admin. Person in charge for setup spouses album after wedding))
b: spouses album (username: spousesA (normal users with rights for upload and delete))
c: the participants to the wedding (username: partecipantsA)

"Manager" set up an album for "spousesA". "spousesA" via e-cards invite "partecipantsA" to login with unique login and password. "partecipantsA" can only view, comment and send E-cards.

It is advisable that will exist spousesB and partecipantsB like  spousesC and partecipantsC ... and so on.

Despite spouses are normal users with normal permission group, partecipants user must belong to one group with only view, comment and send E-cards permissions and NOT DELETE nor view "Delete" button on page.
I thinked to create partecipant group (ID=7) and intercept this ID in file delete.php in function delete_picture($pid) and delete_album($pid):

pseudocode:
if groupID=7 then do_nothing

Please, have you a better solution?
Thanks in advance!
David

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 12:57:46 pm »

tetractis by PM:
Sir,

i wont respect you and your privacy. Two words and i will not bother you any further.

In response to my first message you wrote:

well, then set that group up on the groups page

--- sorry but no options for exclude all delete permissions for a group. (in cpg 1.4.2)

- what's the actual question?

--- i answered... (please, see the thread) but no answer (also negative). I thinked i placed my first request in wrong forum and this evening i opened a new topic in "miscellaneous" promptly moved in first thread.

Please, if no solution exists for my problem or you dont know about, please answer me: "no solution for this" or "i dont know".

If i offended you, well, i apologize.

David Monge

You said that you have solved this issue and asked if anyone had a better solution, so I didn't look into this any longer, as I don't have a better solution.
I guess that the line
i wont respect you and your privacy.
was not meant as it reads, although it shows that you're aware that you mustn't PM me. Please look up the word "respect" in a dictionary. You might want to ask your questions on the French support board if this is just a language issue.
Do not PM me or any other supporter or dev again. Read the FAQ. Read the docs (they're available in French as well). Upgrade to the most recent stable version (currently cpg1.4.5). If you then still have open questions, post them properly, respecting board rules and common sense.

Joachim

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.