Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Coppermine 1.2.1  (Read 11563 times)

lalyil

• Coppermine newbie
Help Coppermine 1.2.1
« on: April 24, 2006, 03:31:34 pm »

Hey,

Let me start off by saying I know absolutely nothing about MySQL (though, I really want to learn) - I've tried reading things in the documentation and well, I just don't seem to get it. It could be because English isn't my first language (Hebrew... anyone?) or possibly I'm just dumb lol, but well, hopefully with experience I'll gain some more knowledge.

I'm a member in netfirms.com and have a Coppermine gallery through there (I believe it's version 1.2.1 but well, not sure?). I've been having a lot of problems with it (sometimes it doesn't let me in the Batch Add Pictures, sometimes it says too many connections, sometimes it shows instead of the thumbnails pictures saying 'off cgi-limit' and such) - I have almost 7,000 pictures in gallery and around 200 registered users. I figured it must be because this gallery takes up so much space (although, in total, my site is only using around 2,000MB out of the 20,000 and only a small % of the monthly bandwidth) - but I think their limit on MySQL database/Coppermine gallery is simply too low for me.

So I signed up to another site... dreamhost.com, and I wanna move the gallery there (and update it at the same time). I've looked around the forum and found posts on how to back up my gallery (I believe I did it right, I went to phpMyAdmin on netfirms, went to the database there and saved the 'structure and data' option on my computer. I also saved the config.inc.php, anycontent.php files and albums folder in my computer) now when my dreamhost FTP will be up (which should be later on today), do I simply upload all these files/folders to my desired location? Or how do I make it work on the new server? And is it possible, in the same time to upgrade my gallery to the newest version?

And the one thing that worries me most - let's say I manage to move all gallery as it is to the new server, is there a possibility I'll be moving the problems with it? That it still won't work properly? (the problems I mentioned above)

I would be grateful if anyone could help. I don't want to have to open a completely new gallery - moving the pictures I can handle but losing all 200 users would be quite annoying.

Please bare in mind I'm a complete newbie to MySQL, until now I just used the gallery function on netfirms and also that English isn't my first language lol - so I also apologise for bad grammer/spelling and such.

moderators, could you please more this to one of the support boards? I can't open new topics there myself for some reason.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Liron.

lalyil

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Help Coppermine 1.2.1
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 08:07:22 pm »

To add to that, my account on dreamhost still hasn't been approved (should be later on), and the gallery on netfirms died almost completely - I can't view almost any of the admin functions.. well, if let's say I click on 'users' or 'batch add pictures' I get to a 'page not found'.
I'm scared that when I move this gallery to dreamhost I'll be moving these problems with it, as I said before.
If anymore info is needed, address, usernames, whatever, let me know and I'll pm you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Help Coppermine 1.2.1
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:52:39 am »

the reason why you can't start new threads is obvious: cpg1.2.x isn't supported anymore. Please read the sticky threads. Moving this thread accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.