Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Gallery problem  (Read 2249 times)

Nancy

• Coppermine newbie
Another Gallery problem
« on: April 23, 2006, 06:26:32 am »

I think I made a stupid mistake. I was deleting Galleries I didn't need anymore. One of them was /gallery1 with the database copp3. When I was setting up my new Gallery, I started off with /gallery1 and renamed it to /gallery when I was finished. When I looked at my gallery, I got the stupid error message again saying can't connect to the database. I think deleting the old galleries affected my new Gallery. Is there anyway I can get my gallery back up with the same albums and same number of hits? This will be the fourth time our Gallery has been lost and I think this time is my old fault. I'm so stupid. If anyone understands what I'm saying and can help me, I'll really appreciate it! Thanks!

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: Another Gallery problem
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 06:58:48 am »

Do you have any backups of the databases BEFORE you did the deletion?

You might ask your ISP if they have a backup of your database that they can restore.

Nancy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 07:25:22 am »

Sadly, I don't have a backup. :( I have a backup of my old Gallery but the database doesn't match.

I emailed my host to see if they have a backup. On the page, it says "Final warning, you can't undo this." There has to be a way they can access what I deleted from that page. Is it possible?

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 05:42:04 am »

If all else fails take a look at http://cpg-contrib.org/board/index.php?board=25.0 cpg-massimport.

It's a plugin for 1.4 that will allow you to add a large set of images and automatically create albums and categories based on your directory structure in albums.

It works like a replacement for batch adding. So it won't automatically place any user uploaded images.  You'll have to move them into the directory structure under albums if you want them to be imported my massimport.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.