Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine critical error  (Read 4189 times)

jlt

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine critical error
« on: May 20, 2006, 03:02:17 pm »

Is this problem caused by my host, and if so, what may have caused it? It just started happening, it was working fine prior to this message....

This problem occurs when you first execute the program:

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 04:36:53 pm by Stramm »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine critical error
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 04:10:44 pm »

ask your webhost.

jlt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 04:28:10 pm »

ask your webhost.

I know that this is not your problem, but I have notifyed my host. I use dotEasy.com as my host and the only technical support is via email. I sent them an email over 24 hours ago and still no answer. This host has got to be the worst in customer support that I have ever had. I'm in the process of changing hosts, but I still have this problem.

softershade

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 09:06:56 pm »

i also just started to receive this error message when i try and go onto my site's gallery. it was fine earlier this morning, but then i tried to go in and upload an image or two and i got

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql' (61)

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 01:33:48 am »

Try to login to your account at your hosting company.

Go to your sql tables and check the adress and links if those are still correct and you can acces your database than perhaps the company is just playing with theire configs.

If I were you I would just have a bit more patience.

I assume you pay for this account and don't use the free account which doesn't support the free databases (anymore)

Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 11:09:31 am »

@softershade: your error message differs, so your issue differs. You shouldn't have replied to this thread, but started your own one. Don't try to hijack threads.

jlt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 02:15:21 pm »

Problem Fixed: database host "localhost" was changed to "127.0.0.1" and that fixed the error message. Now, if I only understood why "localhost" worked for weeks on end and then stopped working...don't say call my host, they only have email support and none on the weekends. dotEAsy has got the worst support in the world! :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.