Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No titles after upgrading  (Read 3542 times)

Mr.Green

• Coppermine newbie
    • www.thegreensite.de
No titles after upgrading
« on: April 21, 2006, 07:11:37 am »

Since I've upgraded my cpg from 1.0 to 1.4 I miss the titles of all the pictures. In the old cpg_pictures table i can see the titles but in cpg143_pictures there gone.
I don't have very much sql knowledge, so it would be nice if you'd help me out. What do I have to do to import the titels of the old database into the new one? Especially since the structure of the table changed a lot...

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: No titles after upgrading
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 09:41:04 am »

I have no idea what you're refering to. Pic titles are preserved when updating as suggested in the docs.

Mr.Green

• Coppermine newbie
    • www.thegreensite.de
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 10:17:03 am »

I don't know what happened... The title column in my new database is empty, in the old database all titles are available. Is there a possibility to import the titles of the old database into the new one? Or may it help if I rerun the upgrade-1.0-to-1.2.php?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 10:19:46 am »

hm... it would have helped if you had upgraded as suggested in the docs. CPG1.0 is very, very outdated, I have no idea if or how to update it in one step to the most recent stable. I suggest rolling back to cpg1.0, then upgrading to cpg1.2.something and from that to the most recent version. Sorry, cpg1.0 goes unsupported - in the end, I have no idea about it.

Mr.Green

• Coppermine newbie
    • www.thegreensite.de
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 10:58:14 am »

I did the upgrade exactly as suggested in the docs:

3.1 Upgrading from version 1.0
If you already have installed version 1.0 and you want to transfer your albums to version 1.4x follow the following steps:

- First, make a backup (dump) of your database.
- Install version 1.4.x as you normally would but in a directory different from the one where you v 1.0 is. Note that in order to use the upgrade script, tables for version 1.0 and 1.4.x must be stored in the same database.
- Copy the "albums" directory of version 1.0 into the directory where you installed version 1.4.x
- The upgrade script assumes that you used the "CPG_" prefix for tables (default value) when you installed version 1.0, if this is not the case, edit upgrade-1.0-to-1.2.php and edit the $prefix10 variable.
- Login to your 1.4.x Gallery, enter the admin mode
- And call the upgrade script, http://yousitename/coppermine_dir/upgrade-1.0-to-1.2.php
- The upgrade from 1.0 to 1.4.x is a two-step process. You must click the link which comes up on the bottom of the page to complete the upgrade!.
- Delete upgrade-1.0-to-1.2.php from your server.
- If you get an error, go to Coppermine 1.4.x config page, enable debug mode, try to call the upgrade script again and check what errors you get.
- This upgrade process leaves your v1.0 gallery untouched

Did I overlook the part where I have to update from 1.2 to 1.4? And may anything go wrong if i rerun this upgrade-1.0-to-1.2.php?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 05:32:14 pm »

Like I said: I have no idea. Cpg1.0 goes unsupported as in "nobody can advice on stuff related to it". The section in the docs have been carried over from cpg1.3.x and needs removal. Will do so asap. Sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.