Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: beginning to think im stupid.....  (Read 5211 times)

deenasuprema

• Coppermine newbie
beginning to think im stupid.....
« on: April 21, 2006, 10:16:41 pm »

Ok i had my gallery all set up, working fine, then i had a server issue.....My grand opening is Monday and i need this to work!!

Ive reinstalled everything, and fixed everything but this now...

No one can upload any pictures :(   I have no idea why it worked before, and not now, if you try all you get is an error message that says there are no albums you can upload to.

Ive checked everything in my config, that i can think to check, and ive managed to fix it so i can now upload pics, but no one else can, because it wont let anyone create an album.....I'm 99% sure i have it set up so everyone can create albums, unless i missed something somewhere, which is probably possible, but im starting to get majorly stressed (ive spent countless hours at this already)...

I did set up a test account its tester password: tester (yea i know im not clever at all!!)
http://supremadesigns.com/gallery

« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 08:41:42 am by GauGau »

lamama

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: beginning to think im stupid.....
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 10:41:09 pm »

Upload to personal gallery works...

You know that you have to create the albums BEFORE you can upload or batch-add your pics?  ;)

deenasuprema

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 10:42:50 pm »

Yes i know you have to create albums, but it wasnt letting anyone do that!!

deenasuprema

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 10:49:50 pm »

Hmmmm im gonna take some screen shots, because something isnt working for me, and isnt working for another friend of mine, who is helping me test things, we are both using Firefox!? dunno if that matters, but i opened the gallery in IE and still i cant create an album anywhere, maybe im just losing my mind LOL

deenasuprema

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 10:56:01 pm »

OK do i need to be in admin mode to create my own album? maybe that's the problem im having??  My friend has had sucess, so i guess its working

Maybe i should take a break?? LOL

lamama

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 11:01:06 pm »

Sure, you have to be in admin mode, otherwise you can only create user galleries :-)

deenasuprema

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 11:11:47 pm »

OK, i dont think your understanding what im saying.....

It was not allowing me to upload photos at all when i was in user mode, i could create albums if i was in admin mode but not user mode, i dont care about creating a user gallery, because that is the point of my gallery, everyone is to create their own galleries to upload Digital scrapbooking layouts they make, to share with everyone else on the site

lamama

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 11:25:52 pm »

So it's actually NOT working?

Did you check the albums permissions? (PROPERTIES of each album). This is something you can only do as admin. Maybe you want to choose "Everybody (public album)" here.

And take a look at the group permissions. If registerd users should be allowed to upload to public albums, make the right settings.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 10:54:00 pm by lamama »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 12:07:13 am »

stay in admin mode, never leave it again. User mode is meant for people who design their own gallery, during the design stage, that's all. If you're not playing with your theme, stay in admin mode.

pieterjan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 02:48:49 am »

I do not no i understand you but i think you want to use the ftp mode just copiie all the foto in one folder en do the the following.
i think is issimple i had this also. on the page you want to uploade the files is a message
"There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet. Make sure to create at least one custom folder within "albums" folder and ftp-upload your files there. You mustn't upload to the "userpics" nor "edit" folders, they are reserved for http uploads and internal purposes." if i am right
look down at that page anad you see   "Browsable interface (recommended)  yes or no" click no en you can see your upload folders. you have created in de album folder when installing coppermine.here you choose the folder jou copied your files in with of the ftp client to the server or just copied if your standing nex to your computer. 

deenasuprema

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 08:04:10 am »

Its working now, had nothing to do with FTP though

I was going into user mode, because i had users telling me they could not create an album, and i was trying to fix their problem!

Anyways like i said, its working now, not sure why it wasnt working before, dont really care as long as it continues to work!!

You can put that little solved next to me now  ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 08:41:29 am »

user mode does not make you a user, it just hides the admin controls from the page. If you want to find out how your gallery looks for regular users, create another account with user privileges and log in with that account.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.