Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error logging in/out with Invision Board integration  (Read 2557 times)

zilung

• Coppermine newbie
Error logging in/out with Invision Board integration
« on: January 13, 2004, 08:44:00 pm »

I've just integrated my coppermine photo album (v1.2.1) with my Invision Board (v1.3), and everything seems fine - except for a few things:

1) When a user registers from the photo gallery, they end up on the forum page after registration. They also register on the actual forum page (though I guess they should?). Not an error, but really bugs me nonetheless.. users should end up on photo gallery.

2) When a user logs in from the photo gallery, they also end up on the forum page - the same goes for logging out.

3) Ordinary users have the option "User mode" / "Admin mode" in their menu.. "Admin mode" being there by default; is this supposed to happen? If the user clicks "Admin mode", it says "User mode" and 3 menu options dissappear.

Have these issues been fixed? I have searched through the forum but can't seem to find a solution for it. I'd appreciate any help you guys might have..

Oh.. and thank you for a great photo gallery script!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Error logging in/out with Invision Board integration
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 01:15:20 am »

Quote from: "zilung"
1) When a user registers from the photo gallery, they end up on the forum page after registration. They also register on the actual forum page (though I guess they should?). Not an error, but really bugs me nonetheless.. users should end up on photo gallery.
edit your board's navigation to show a link "gallery"

2) When a user logs in from the photo gallery, they also end up on the forum page - the same goes for logging out.
As I don't run invision board I can't tell you details - but generally speaking it's because your board doesn't support "redirect". Although this will actually not solve your problem I suggest you take a look at this thread, as it deals with a similar issue when using phpBB (just to give you an idea of the problem): http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=1841

3) Ordinary users have the option "User mode" / "Admin mode" in their menu.. "Admin mode" being there by default; is this supposed to happen? If the user clicks "Admin mode", it says "User mode" and 3 menu options dissappear.
Now this is expected behaviour. I suggest you take a look into coppermine in full detail before asking such an obvious question. How about testing what the 3 "extra" buttons will do for the "regular" users?

GauGau

P.S. Next time: only one question per thread please!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.