Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Favorites viewable by all  (Read 6747 times)

joelpt

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://nobs.webhop.net
User Favorites viewable by all
« on: October 10, 2003, 11:26:51 pm »

I'd like a feature which creates a new category "User Favorites".  Within this would be found 'pseudo-albums', one for each Coppermine user who has rated 1+ pictures on the site.  The pictures within each of these albums would be organized in descending order of that user's rating of the pictures.  So JoeBob's album would contain his 5-star picks first, then the 4-stars, etc.

The end result is that anyone can look and see what the favorites of each user are.  Add to this a 'global' pseudo-album which contains the averaged favorites over all users in the same manner.

I think this would be really useful, for example, for people who have an online photography gallery and would like to see what the visitors' responses/favorites are.

It appears that Coppermine currently has a db table that tracks which users have rated which pictures, but it doesn't include the actual rating that was entered!  So I think this feature would necessitate the recording of those ratings, in addition to the "pseudo-album" generator.

If nobody else wants to implement this I'll do it ... but I would like to know whether it can be added to 1.2.x or if it should be kept as a separate modification.  Given the potential other uses for having each user-picture-rating recorded in the db, I think there is a good argument for its going into the core bit.

Thoughts? :)

Joel

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
User Favorites viewable by all
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 05:21:21 am »

Detailed stats on pictures and favourtes are in the TODO list
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.