Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Addon help  (Read 4306 times)

CorporalStorm

• Coppermine newbie
Addon help
« on: April 17, 2006, 04:07:47 am »

Anyone know how I can incorporate the right click javascript into the gallery.. So that when someone "tries" to rightclick to steal an image it gives up that popup box saying right click is disabled?

CStorm

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Re: Addon help
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 04:34:33 am »

Here are some search results: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=search2. One of them describes what you want to do. However, disabling right-click affects many other features of right-clicking and will probably anger users (especially those who do web development). A user can negate this by turning off javascript in their browser or if theiy're using Firefox and the Noscript extension like I do, again it doesn't stop me. The best way to protect your photos is to use a watermark (use the search tool).

You can check out this site for other suggestions but one of them interfers with cpg but I forgot which one. http://www.copy-not.com/ebay/cnwiz.php. The script goes in the template.html in your theme folder but honestly, it's not worth the trouble.

Billy
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster
Copying
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 05:51:28 am »

Hi,

I wrestled with this issue for quite sometime.  I am not too fond of "watermarking photos" either.  So, my decision was, if there is any photo you really did not want copied, do not publish a high quality version of it, or a very large size of it. Then, you can always place a "copyright by" note.

I have been uploading a lot of pictures the past two days, unless you change the default, CGP would not even allow a size greater than 1200x1500 px, I even increased the max to >5MB.  So, the quality of the pics actually are not very good.

In the age of digital cameras and flickr,  I have seen so many good photos that are under "creative commons" -- it is amazing the quality and diversity of photos that people are giving away -- provided you do not use it for commercial purpose and you at least acknowledge their ownership of the photo.

cgc0202

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

CorporalStorm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 02:04:25 pm »

Thank you GauGau! You are absolutely amazing..

Now if I could only pick your brain some more.. I wish I could understand the CSS file to alter the images, but nothing seems to work..

CStorm

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 08:08:49 am »

no right-click isn't done using CSS, but JavaScript. The threads you will find using the search results posted above will no doubt tell you that we do not believe in disabling  right-clicks. It's silly in the first place, drop the whole idea of doing this. If you still must do it, read the threads carefully, there are instructions in it how to accomplish this. Basically, the JavaScript function fires on the event "right mouse clicked" and does whatever it was designed to do (ranging from "do nothing" to "tell visitors that they mustn't right-click"). There's a load of "no right-click" script available all over the web, e.g. http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.