Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help to complete upgrade to 1.4.4  (Read 3532 times)

Illuvatar

• Coppermine newbie
    • War of the Ring
Need help to complete upgrade to 1.4.4
« on: April 15, 2006, 08:07:54 am »

Our previous webmaster did some minor hacking of the 1.1 version in order that the login prompt not be displayed and also to adapt the script to our site layout. We have a Photo Forum where folks can upload their own photos and discuss them so we basically use Copper as our Photo Gallery and it's worked really well.

I completed the upgrade to 1.4.4...however the problem I'm having is with the Theme Upgrade instructions. I was able to to do the CSS upgrade, but got stuck on the edit.template instructions cause the 1st variable "{MAIN_MENU}" is not there!  :o

Right now the gallery is up and functional with two exceptions that I see due to the incomplete upgrade.
1. You can view the cats, and images all the way down to the thumbs. Click on a thumb to see the image and get a template error.
2. The config area in admin is not displaying.

I'm done mucking about with this and would like to contract someone to complete this upgrade as soon as possible. The link to our gallery is here, however it's offline.

If you're interested, I can provide a developer login and pass.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 06:29:35 am by GauGau »
All who wander are not lost. ~ Tolkien

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Need help to complete upgrade to 1.4.4
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 02:25:14 am »

just use one of the themes that come with cpg1.4.4 temporarily and create a new theme based on it. Easier than fixing an ancient theme built for cpg1.1 imo

Illuvatar

• Coppermine newbie
    • War of the Ring
Re: Need help to complete upgrade to 1.4.4
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:16:48 pm »

Thanks GauGau! :)

Have entered into an arrangement with Mr. Strammm and he may do just that.

Please go ahead and close this thread.
All who wander are not lost. ~ Tolkien
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.