Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A permanent summary webpages and search engine to publicise cpg users' galleries  (Read 5167 times)

Jr. tristan

• Coppermine novice

I have determined to use cpg since it is more powerful and versatile than any other webhost photo albums.

However, People have habits to visit the platform that they are familiar with.
When they get used to it, they will get themselves comfort and feel easy to utilize the various buttons of cpg galleries.

That's the pros. of why many people still using other webhost photo albums like "pbase", etc...
As they could simply find out what the category they are looking for and search them in the summary page / search engine.
When users place their albums there, then gather to a certain nos., and in turn attracting more people to visit the community.
That's how they become popular.

Or I don't know if anywhere has such features.
 ;DI recommend to have a permanent summary webpages and search engine to publicise cpg users' album and community after user subscription.

Please support.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 07:15:08 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Please support.
NO SUPPORT in FEATURE REQUESTS
Quite frankly, I don't even understand what you're requesting.

Jr. tristan

• Coppermine novice

NO SUPPORT in FEATURE REQUESTS
Quite frankly, I don't even understand what you're requesting.

That is a search engine which could search webpages with cpg by Nation, Category, Camera, etc.
like this http://search.pbase.com/search

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

OK, how does that differ from coppermine's search?

Jr. tristan

• Coppermine novice

OK, how does that differ from coppermine's search?

??? Please show me a link of coppermine's search.

If you mean the boolean search engine, it could only seek for those images within a cpg gallery of a specific domain, not all cpg galleries of domains from all over the world.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

ah ok, your request is to allow all coppermine galleries in the word to be searched. I recommend using Google for such a purpose, we don't have the server power to maintain such an index that would be needed to perform such a search in sensible time and we're not willing to spy on our users, which would be a pre-requisite as well.
Feature turned down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.