Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing a theme - Having all sorts of problems!!!  (Read 3741 times)

jessicagody

• Coppermine newbie
Editing a theme - Having all sorts of problems!!!
« on: April 04, 2006, 06:30:34 pm »

I am a newbie here, so please bare with me!

I am having several problems trying to modify the rain drop theme. All I have managed to do is modify the template.html page and it's border which can be viewed here: jmgproductions.net/coppermine

I've tried modifying the style.css page, but nothing is changing! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 07:11:34 pm by TranzNDance »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Editing a theme - Having all sorts of problems!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 07:49:10 pm »

It looks different to me. Make sure you are viewing the correct theme, and that you use ctrl-F5 to force a refresh since browsers will cache css files unless you force a refresh.

jessicagody

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 08:06:24 pm »

I refresehd and everything - it has a blackish color background and border that I modified on the template.html page. The changes I made in the style sheet still dont show though...

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 08:12:13 pm »

You'll need to tell us what you changed so we know what to look for. Are you sure you're editing the right file? Your post said rainy day but the gallery says water drop.

jessicagody

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 08:56:22 pm »

Sorry, it's definitely the "drop" named theme - But I copied all of the files to a folder in the themes directory called "custom_pink" so I could try to modify the theme, and if I happened to screw something up, I still had the original water drop theme. I am trying to change the blue line background to this http://jmgproductions.net/coppermine/themes/custom_pink/images/bg.gif Obviously, it isn't wanting to show up.

I tried to make this as non confusing as possible, of the changes I attempted to make, so I took a screenshot, and added in text of what I wanted. Please see the .jpg attachment. Thanks!!!

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 09:05:54 pm »

When you copy a theme you need to change the link to the stylesheet in the template.html. Your custom_pink theme is set to use the water_drop stylesheet still

Code: [Select]
<link rel="stylesheet" href="themes/water_drop/style.css" type="text/css" />

jessicagody

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 07:10:25 pm »

Sorry for the late "thank you." But thanks for all of the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.