Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Question - Before i download and install  (Read 4453 times)

sc0ttish

• Coppermine newbie
  • Thanks for helping me
    • Scottish Lads
Newbie Question - Before i download and install
« on: April 11, 2006, 12:55:48 pm »

Hi everyone,

Myself and a few friends are off to the Football world cup in a few months....exciting i know.

Were looking to set up a gallery which we can add photos to while were away over there, i've been looking at this script and have a few questions before i spend time downloading and setting it up.

1. Is it possible for each of us to set up an account and have our own public galleries, but when we upload a photo to our own gallery its also shown on the main gallery also. (or have a list of random photos from everyone's gallery on the main page)

2. How easy is it to upload photos, is it possible for the photos to be emailed to the site and then the script allocate it to the correct gallery depending on what email address sent it.

3. Is it easy to customise the gallery?

4. Can the script automatically add a watermark to the photos...not too important but would be nice.

5. If i wanted to set up the script on multiple subdomains is there a function there to do it without having to reinstall the script on each subdomain?

Thanks
Peter
Thanks everyone for helping a bit of a clueless scottish guy. Visit the Scottish Lads at http://www.scottishlads.co.uk

http://www.footiefotos.co.uk A gallery for all the football fans out there.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Newbie Question - Before i download and install
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 07:10:24 am »

1. Is it possible for each of us to set up an account and have our own public galleries, but when we upload a photo to our own gallery its also shown on the main gallery also. (or have a list of random photos from everyone's gallery on the main page)
Uploads to personal galleries are being displayed in the reandom meta album as well. I suggest reading the docs though, I'd rather recommend using public albums.

2. How easy is it to upload photos, is it possible for the photos to be emailed to the site and then the script allocate it to the correct gallery depending on what email address sent it.
emailing pics to the server to make them display in coppermine is not an option.

3. Is it easy to customise the gallery?
In our opinion: yes. Depends on your definition of "easy".

4. Can the script automatically add a watermark to the photos...not too important but would be nice.
Not out of the box, but there is a load of hacks to accomplish this.

5. If i wanted to set up the script on multiple subdomains is there a function there to do it without having to reinstall the script on each subdomain?
Theoretically yes, but this depends on your skills and your webserver setup. Not an explicit feature though.

We have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when signing up. Please do so in the future. Please read the docs first before posting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.