Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New fields in gallery  (Read 4958 times)

usif

• Coppermine newbie
New fields in gallery
« on: April 08, 2006, 03:22:31 pm »

Good day, friends.

Firstly, I would to thank you for all work you did on this gallery. It's really professional web-gallery-product and I'm wondering that you could to do so good script. Really, I haven't got the right words for it.

So, I use your gallery on my website about 1 year. It has the functions which I need, and it's fast. But now, I would to make small modifications -->
My gallery is about the airliners. Now, it has only two fields for description of photo - name and remark. It isn't well-arranged for my visitors, because they like gallery, which is for example here: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?daterange=week&sort_order=views+desc. Do you understand me full -- do you see the fields for every photo (Aircraft, Location, Date, Remakr, Photograph)? It is nice.

I think I can to do this with Coopermine gallery, too.  But I don't exactly know how I can. Please, could you help me with it? For example, could you give me the list of files I must edit? Or any other advice? If you will give me an advice in return I can help you with your problems or questions with XHTML/CSS/SEO.

Thank you too much! Have a nice.

Warm regards,
Usif

Nibbler

Re: New fields in gallery
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 03:34:47 pm »

You can set custom fields for image description in config.

usif

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 07:58:16 pm »

Hello! You think the file "config.php" in a root of web site?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 08:02:02 pm »

usif

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 08:22:01 pm »

OK, I did it, I maked new fields. If I upload a new photo now, I see new fields. So I insert a text to those, but if I click to gallery, I see only Title and Description (and image) in album. New fields not :(

Please, can't you help me? Really many thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 08:53:23 am »

Click the (http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/images/info.gif)-icon to get the fields displayed. There's a switch in the config to make the info section visible by default.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.