Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanent links in Coppermine.  (Read 3863 times)

SickFinga

• Coppermine novice
Permanent links in Coppermine.
« on: January 29, 2006, 02:57:33 am »

I was wondering if its possible to setup coppermine to work with permanenet links only?
Relative links are not very convinient since most people copy/paste from Address bar, also relative links are very non-search engine friendly.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Permanent links in Coppermine.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 12:45:40 pm »

has been asked for, not available yet. Moving to "feature requests"

SickFinga

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 12:55:16 am »

Since this wasnt approved nor turned down, I'l try to explain why this feature is important in my opinion.

1. Well, like I said most people copy/paste from address bar, and today it might link to the right pic, tomorrow its going to link to another.
2. Here is the most important part in my opinion. When search engine crawler visits a website, it would also use non-static url and save it into the database. So, when search engine bot visited a website it saved a picture "a". Next time admin upload something, order changes. Then for example user searches for keyword "a", and search engine would display an old link that it crawled, but content is going to be different. Once user sees wrong content, he/she would leave the site.
This is why I think its important to have static links.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 04:17:39 am »

Each picture DOES have a permanent link. It's in the file info below the picture. If you don't see it, click the Info button in the upper left hand corner of the image window.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 07:19:01 am »

This feature is under consideration for 1.5

@Devs: Please see http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24892.0 (Only devs will be able to see this thread) and post your comments there.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

SickFinga

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 10:05:46 am »

Each picture DOES have a permanent link. It's in the file info below the picture. If you don't see it, click the Info button in the upper left hand corner of the image window.

Yeah, I know. But search engines do not use those links, and like I said most users copy/paste from address bar.

Abbas Ali, thanks for letting me know that you are considering it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.