Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong thumbnail for image  (Read 4953 times)

pponting

• Coppermine novice
Wrong thumbnail for image
« on: April 07, 2006, 04:01:32 am »

I have uploaded 1,000's of images using XP publish and after looking in my galleries, there are numerous thumbnails that when clicked, show a different image.
I have deleted my cache and cookies, even tried on a seperate machine that has never accessed my gallery. I am guessing it is possible because there were multiple uploads happening at the same time and all this is happening on a local LAN. (not a web based gallery, internal only)

Is there any way to get CPG to re-index/re-create all thumbnails and intermediate images from the full images without having to upload them all again?

I have tried the admin tools (Update Thumbs and resize photo's) but this does not seem to actually update the thumbnails?

I have searched the forum and most results seem to point to cache or cookie problems, howerver I have cleared them all and as mentioned above have tried a fresh machine to no avail.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 08:18:05 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Wrong thumbnail for image
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 07:37:44 am »

post a link to a thumbnail page that behaves as you described.

pponting

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 10:34:04 am »

post a link to a thumbnail page that behaves as you described.

The gallery is on an internal server with no external access so I am unable to post a link.
Basically, the thumbnail shows a picture of one thing but the intermediate show an image of another thing. I noticed this first after doing a search for all AVI files, most of the search returned thumbnails of normal JPG photo's but clicking on them shows the actual AVI so it looks like the worng thumb is linked to the uploaded file.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 10:58:40 am »

what coppermine version do you have? Make sure to have cpg1.4.4. If your version is lower, then upgrade.

pponting

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 11:26:11 am »

Yes, it  is cpg1.4.4

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 04:22:40 pm »

hm, hard to recommend anything if we can't see what actually happens. Do you have any mods/plugins applied that might interfere?

pponting

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 06:26:46 pm »

No mods or plugins, just a vanilla install of cpg1.4.4.
When I uploaded the images with XP Publis, I had multiple uploads uploading files from the same machine to the same album. As it is on a local LAN, the uploads were very quick and I can't help wondering if maybe images somehow got cross referenced with other uploads.

Is there any easy way to rebuild the thumbs without re-uploading?

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 06:30:01 pm »

Yes, you can use admin tools to do that.

pponting

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 07:43:03 pm »

If I rebuild a thumbnail for an AVI that has managed to get a thumb from a JPG associated with it, what will happen? Will it resort to the default icon used for an AVI or will it use the thumb that was already in place?

pponting

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 07:51:38 pm »

Just tried it. It gives an error soaying it can't rebuild the thumbnail for xyz.AVI and just reuese the thumbnail that was already in place.

Is there any way of getting rid of the thumbs manually and then recreating them? would it be safe to do it by FTP?

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 07:54:54 pm »

That should be fine.

pponting

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 12:35:25 am »

Just had a thought. I have files with the same name but different extension.

I have an AVI called 010723_001.AVI and a JPG called 010723_001.JPG (same name, different extension) and they are both in the same album (therefore stored in the same folder) could this give the problems I am having?

I am guessing that as the AVI did not create a thumbnail during upload (as it is an AVI) but due to the mechanics behind cpg, the thumb for the JPG will be displayed for the AVI as the name is the same.

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 12:57:41 am »

Yes, that's how custom thumbnails work normally.

pponting

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 01:01:52 am »

Gotcha. So the best thing to do is ensure that no two files have the same name even if the extension is different otherwise the thumb can appear corrupt as mine are.
I have deleted all my albums as it is on a local LAN I can recreate them quite quickly (only about 5,000 images), I am going to sort them prior to uploading and ensure there are no duplicates etc then go for the mass upload again tomorrow.

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 02:31:50 am by pponting »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.