Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New install with an old database  (Read 5426 times)

olti

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Galeria Shqiptare - Albanian Gallery
New install with an old database
« on: April 07, 2006, 12:18:40 am »

Can I use an old CPG database with a new install? If yes, how can I do it? Thanx!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: New install with an old database
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 07:23:11 am »

coppermine doesn't create a database on install, so your old database must have been created by you for your old install. You can use it for as many installs of coppermine as you see fit. Different installs just need different table prefixes. If you don't use the old install any more, it's recommended to remove the outdated tables. If you wish to use the old tables (i.e. upgrade an existing install), you should upgrade instead of doing a fresh install. Please refer to the docs.

Grayson

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 04:39:18 am »

My old versions is 1.3.3.  It got somewhat trashed by the HTML/Framer virus so that it no longer worked.

I would prefer to upgrade but I believe I still have some infected files within the program.  If I install the latest version in a new directory can I use the old database in any way?  if so, how?

(I'm heading now to read the link above.  Mayeb I should have done that first??)  :)  Either way, thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 08:49:20 am »

Virus sanitization is being explained in the sticky thread "Yikes, I've been hacked! Now what?". Your issue is unrelated to the one from the thread starter, so you shouldn't have hijacked someone else's thread. Upgrading issues are not meant to go the install board, but the upgrade board. Read board rules (you agreed to respect them when signing up). Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.