Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TAG & REJOIN FILES needs adding to solve uploads problem  (Read 3551 times)

Blagger

• Coppermine newbie
TAG & REJOIN FILES needs adding to solve uploads problem
« on: April 06, 2006, 07:41:45 am »

OK the thing this is missing is rejoining files the problem is and i know its the same for a lot of people here thay are having problems with uploading there OK with an images but a zip or anything else they have problems.
after doing some research they most people have the same common problem as me PHP default can only handle 2 meg that the default when installing Linux its just the way it works.
when using this plan you upload into the Linux memory then you have to move from memory and save it to HDD else Linux Will just flush it try to go beyond 2 meg and again flushed and you get there error about "if you were really uploading a file now"
but theres no problem in uploading lost of 2 meg files thats fine but its a mess i know with php you can 'rename move unlink' all sorts
hell  coppermine my fav's  will even zip lots of files and send you one big zip Wicked :)

OK getting back to the request a tag and rejoin files seeing theres no problem uploading lots of zipped 2  Meg's can you add a function that we can tag are split zip / Rar files  and  get the system to rejoin them to one big zip or do a my fav's and move them to one zip and Del  or unlink in code all the 2 meg files

i know there provably lots of Grammer and spelling mistakes here but believe it or not i have just woke up and jumped on this board
so i do apologies but i hope this makes sense of what I'm requesting Thanks

P.S  Great job looks great its just whats i was looking for and By the whay iv looked at PHP befor and thout no way man
but since looking at your code iv worked out its noting more then ANSI C with a $ attached :)  wicked i never knew that i coud do php befor now
its a pice of piss
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:38:34 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: TAG & REJOIN FILES needs adding to solve uploads problem
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:38:21 pm »

what's wrong with FTP-upload plus batch add? Splitting files apart on the client and then re-assembling them on the server eats a lot of resources and is for newbie users just as difficult as any other uploading method, so I can't see any benefit in this. You (as coppermine admin) should use FTP-upload plus batch-add, which can't be beaten in terms of simplicity, performance and ease of use.
The max. file size is determined by a variety of factors - none of them are being handled by coppermine, but the webserver, connection speed and the browser. A zip that contains jpeg files isn't much smaller than the sum of the uncompressed jpeg files, so what do you gain by using a zip workaround?
If you requested a client sided app like gallery remote (Java-driven), then I would agree that this would be a real benefit for end users. I can't see the benefit of what you propose, so I'm marking this thread accordingly.

Blagger

• Coppermine newbie
Re: TAG & REJOIN FILES needs adding to solve uploads problem
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 09:09:56 pm »

its just the files i want to offer like a zip it seems to get a bit messy lookng for them all to peace togeather it wold be nice to reasemble them in to one it wold save on data in the database haveing to track 10 pices rather then tracing one file yes your right i can ue ftp my self
but im enabling outhers to upload ther work and i cannot give out the login and password i dont think my host wold like that some how
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.