Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: repeat email address on registration  (Read 3535 times)

lordprodigy

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • B514 ///
repeat email address on registration
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:33:37 am »

the problem:
Awful a lot of users spell their email address the wrong way when they sign up and create many faulty (inactive) user accounts, which in turn I have to manualy delete. Those users end up registering twice or three times until they either get their or password correctly.

the solution:
Is there a way to enter the email address and the password twice upon registration and have some sort of verification mechanism in place to verify if both email addresses and passwords match? This would really help to avoid any stupid mistakes users make when they signup...

I searched the boards and I found some verification methods but none of them were precisely related to this. Does anyone have any ideas? I would like this to be a feature request for upcoming versions too.

This topic is open for discussion. Let me know what you think, or if you have any solutions, lets test them out. Thanks a lot in advance.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 06:56:37 pm by lordprodigy »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: repeat email address on registration
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 08:53:41 pm »

valid idea imo

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 09:17:57 pm »

I agree. I used to wonder the point in the email address confirmation since I would copy the first field and paste into the second. But I guess enough people make typos.

lordprodigy

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • B514 ///
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 11:35:54 pm »

I get all sorts of variations on hotmail, yahoo and event weird .endings... IMO is only a fool proof feature, which could be turned on and off from the control panel if people think its necessary...

TranzNDance: even when you copy paste, you take a fraction of a second to see if the email has pasted correctly, in which time you can spot the mistake from the first entry...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.