Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem when i change permissions  (Read 23591 times)

phdb

• Coppermine newbie
    • sailing and photography
Re: problem when i change permissions
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 12:08:49 am »

There seems to be some confusion about words here.
What Konstantinos asks is -for me- indeed basic and it seems to me that it should be possible.
What you (as admin/owner of a site with Coppermine on it) want is to put your pictures online, in albums that you define. To add reason to come back users can upload their own pictures ... of course only in their own albums (not in your albums)

The misunderstanding seems to be with the wording in the panel "Public albums upload" seems to act as "can upload" ...

Immediately after upgrading from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 I also bumped into this problem. And ... in the previous version the behaviour was exactly as Konstantinos and me expected. After upgrading my users did not find the "upload file" any more!!
(maybe this observation helps to check what went wrong?)

Anyhow, Konstantinos, please re-read the first answers of GauGau. Giving "Public albums upload" to the groups that should upload to private albums will enable them to upload (since it does not work as "Public albums upload" but as "can upload" (or "sees the menu "upload file"").
Try it out, you will see that when the user uploads files, he/she can only select his/her OWN albums! ... and that is -I believe- the behaviour that you want. Isn't it?

[after all, if you are not dealing with thousand users uploading their photo's, you can still monitor the process of uploading by requiring Admin Approval ... and at that stage you can choose to put it in ANY album.

I hope this helps.
Rgds,
Ph.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.