Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inlinelinking  (Read 3732 times)

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
Inlinelinking
« on: January 11, 2004, 02:00:43 am »

The last weeks I have a lot of problems here that visitors do inlinelinking to pictures into my database. This could be done by simply copy the info from the picture properties (complete path to location) by clicking the right mouse button on the image.

Is there a way to overcome this (unnessecary serverload) without disableling the right click feature as then downloading/copying of the pictures is impossible for users? My server is IIS6, so .htaccess would not work for me.
DaMysterious.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Inlinelinking
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 11:52:00 am »

I did some research on this, and all I was able to come up with are some links to sites where people sell additional software that let's you disable hotlinking on servers that run IIS. This leads to the conclusion that there is no option built into IIS to do disable hotlinking.
As the additional software is rather expensive ($500) I doubt that this will be an option for you...
If it really bothers you, maybe it's time to think about running another server OS...

GauGau

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
Inlinelinking
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 01:57:21 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
As the additional software is rather expensive ($500)

This is so unbelievable BUT as with lot of things M$ - totally true
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
Inlinelinking
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 02:12:01 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
I did some research on this, and all I was able to come up with are some links to sites where people sell additional software that let's you disable hotlinking on servers that run IIS. This leads to the conclusion that there is no option built into IIS to do disable hotlinking.
As the additional software is rather expensive ($500) I doubt that this will be an option for you...
If it really bothers you, maybe it's time to think about running another server OS...

GauGau

Thanks for searching to GauGau! I found a alternative to the expensive solution you'r pointing to. There is an open source project at http://www.michaelbrumm.com/leechblocker.html wich does the same as you can read. I'm curious how this wil work...

A litle later: Yes it works perfectly and for FREE. All deeplinks to any pictures at my site are broken 8). Oops! Even my wulf avatar is gone :(. I pik a new one from inside the forum :wink:. Oops! No internal avatars available.
DaMysterious.

radianation

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Radianation
Re: Inlinelinking
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 04:21:11 pm »

I've used the leechblocker for awhile, but it apparently doesn't offer the same security as .htaccess in regards to users opening the file directly. Does anybody know of a more customizable application for IIS? Right now, if somebody knows the URL of an image they can simply share it with a friend who doesn't have a registered account. All Leechblocker does is prevent them from posting it on another site and hotlinking... Maybe I'm looking for something more along the lines of NT Authentication manipulated by PHP code? If so... Sorry to piggyback with an alternative question, although this seems like it follows the same line of the original question enough to post it here first. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.