Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Pics REALLY Slow!  (Read 3035 times)

raptorsoft2000

• Coppermine newbie
Adding Pics REALLY Slow!
« on: January 11, 2004, 01:37:31 am »

I am running the latest version of Coppermine on a 166mhz, 16mb, 120gb hdd, Slackware machine. I'm not sure if the problem is because the machine is a 166, but when I do the batch add it times out (there are over 3000 pics in the dir&subdirs), I tried adding just 1 picture, and it is taking forever on addpic.php .  I have tried rebooting a few times, but it seems to not work well. I can do 'top' and it shows like 4 pid of the convert program, and I'm not sure why that is. Does Coppermine use convert to generate all the pics on the fly? If someone could help me figure out why this is going sooo slow, I would very much appreciate it. I have the machine setup running Apache/PHP/MySQL, and it does it fine for regular stuff (too little ram to run X). Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Adding Pics REALLY Slow!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 11:02:46 am »

adding pics means resizing pics (for intermediate and thumbnail). This is done with the image library (ImageMagick or GD) - they both consume large ressources on the machine they run on. Your server is very weak (processor and RAM), that's why it's going slow. Nothing to do about it (except replacing your hardware).

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.