Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanant watermark with undo possibility (GD2+IM working!) + better admin tools  (Read 410288 times)

GsJosh

• Coppermine newbie

First of all, great mod! It's quite some work but it does some nice things. This helps me save time because it eliminates the time I have to spend adding the watermarks with a photoshop action. But unfortunately, GD2 edits the image and normally simple programs or scripts tend to make the pictures look bad. That's exactly why I don't let coppermine resize my images. I just upload them in the size I want to have them on the web. What are your experiences? Does GD2 make the pictures look worse? I can't check for myself since I'm having trouble with the mod.

Because although I did the modifications correctly (twice), it's still not working. I can see the Watermarking options in the configuration file but when I batch add images the watermarks do not appear in the images. What could be the problem here? I have updated to the last version (1.4.18) and I'm also using the correct picmgmt.inc.php (from the latest Stramm modpack) and it seems that I have added all the code the right way.

All I can say is that I also have the Shopping cart running, but as said before, that shouldn't interfere with the watermark mod. Can someone help me? Do I need to provide additional information?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

asked several times in this thread and all over the forum... change permission of your 'to batch add' images to 644 or 666, folder to 755 or 777.

GsJosh

• Coppermine newbie

asked several times in this thread and all over the forum... change permission of your 'to batch add' images to 644 or 666, folder to 755 or 777.
I feel pretty stupid. At the moment you posted this I wanted to tell you that I found the solution already. It was indeed the permissionproblem. Sorry for that.

Still, I'm having some problems here. Not problems actually, but some questions. First, I don't need the original files. I keep those on my computer here so those extra files just take (a lot) of extra space on my webserver. Is there a way to not make those orig_ files?

Besides... As I said in a post earlier, GD makes your images look really really bad (or maybe it's not GD but something else I did?). I have 3 examples here including the original files. Take a look at what huge differences GD makes. Especially the exposure of pictures is changed (lighter) but also get the idea details and compression are affected. http://temp.tgroen.nl/GD_ugly.zip

Please tell me your experiences with this!

GsJosh

• Coppermine newbie

Since I can't edit posts I will have to make another reply. I have actually found out that GD2 is not the best image script there is. It makes pictures lighter and less contrastfull. Here is a topic on a forum confirming that. It seems that GD2 strips the colorprofile. In firefox the difference might not be as visible but in Safari for example the difference is big. At least, too big for me to be able to use this in my photography. Is there any possibility that this mod will be availible with ImageMagick? Or does IM not support watermarking?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

You'll get best results if you resize your pics on your client and apply the watermark on the client as well (before uploading). Server-sided image manipulation always has to be a compromise in terms of resources consumption.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Somewhere within this thread (~ first 10 pages) I've described how to mod the script so it won't create original files. I've had a look at your pics and have to say that a loss of image quality is pretty normal as images get recompressed when being resized. In the config panel you can chose the recompression value (image quality). Maybe it helps a lil bit. However in my book your (resized) pics look good and I can't find lots of differences to the orig. I guess cause I still remember the first pics you could see in the net. These were compressed to the absolute minimum filesize and really looked ugly. Also you may know your images far better than I do (just had a quick view).
As Joachim said. Best results you achive if you resize/ watermark manually using eg. Photoshop. You in addition to resizing can apply (partially) filters where necessary.

GsJosh

• Coppermine newbie

You'll get best results if you resize your pics on your client and apply the watermark on the client as well (before uploading). Server-sided image manipulation always has to be a compromise in terms of resources consumption.
Thanks, I guess that both ImageMagick and GD2 have significant image quality loss. But the thing that worries me the most is that GD2 strips the EXIF as well as the color profile, now that's a shame. But that's not concerning this topic.

Somewhere within this thread (~ first 10 pages) I've described how to mod the script so it won't create original files. I've had a look at your pics and have to say that a loss of image quality is pretty normal as images get recompressed when being resized. In the config panel you can chose the recompression value (image quality). Maybe it helps a lil bit. However in my book your (resized) pics look good and I can't find lots of differences to the orig. I guess cause I still remember the first pics you could see in the net. These were compressed to the absolute minimum filesize and really looked ugly. Also you may know your images far better than I do (just had a quick view).
As Joachim said. Best results you achive if you resize/ watermark manually using eg. Photoshop. You in addition to resizing can apply (partially) filters where necessary.
You see? One should read more carefully, the solution for the original files was already in the topic, I just skipped over it. Anyway, thanks! This has solved all my problems concerning the watermarking mod. Still I'm a bit hesitate full if I'll use this fantastic mod. Your tip about changing the image compression is a good one, I'll try that. But still, the loss of color profile is huge when you're surfing around with a color profile enabled browser like Safari. The output differs somewhat between the program's you use to view the images with. Here's an example of the difference in Safari (screenshot):

http://temp.tgroen.nl/Picture-4.jpg

http://temp.tgroen.nl/Picture-4_difference.jpg

Anyway, this doesn't belong in this topic and I'm sorry for that but I just wanted to point out the obvious downside to using this mod. Nevertheless, it's a great mod and you should continue creating more genius stuff like this!

kylemj

• Coppermine novice

hmm isnt watermarking on the larger image when using the batch add files function

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Look for the solution within this therad. Has been asked and answered several times

Jules2008

• Coppermine newbie

Better late than never

I have used this mod and everything seems perfect however I change the config settings in cpg and they say they have changes but they haven't.... I go back in and the config still says the watermark is turned off etc....

I have checked and double checked all the changes in the files as directed.....

What am I missing

Jules

Jules2008

• Coppermine newbie

Better late than never

I have used this mod and everything seems perfect however I change the config settings in cpg and they say they have changes but they haven't.... I go back in and the config still says the watermark is turned off etc....

I have checked and double checked all the changes in the files as directed.....

What am I missing

Jules

Ignore me............. It is very late and I need sugar.... solvd this problem by reading.... Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!

lostemilie

• Coppermine regular visitor

you'll have to modify picmgmnt.inc.php
delete
Code: [Select]
if (!file_exists($orig) && $CONFIG['enable_watermark'] == '1' && ($CONFIG['which_files_to_watermark'] == 'both' || $CONFIG['which_files_to_watermark'] == 'original'))  {
// if copy of full_sized doesn't exist and if watermark enabled and if fullsized pic watermark=true -> then we need a backup
if (!copy($image, $orig))
                return false;
else
$work_image = $orig;
}

not tested, no guarantee ;)
after that modification you're not able to undo the watermarking
I tried that and now always get an error when uploading pics so I had to undo it. Anyone who knows how to put it off??

taf

• Coppermine newbie

hi stramn,
i add this hack to my copprmine galery,
on the admin i see the config of the water mark,
but when i change the config of the watermark.
this dont do nothing.
and when i go back to the config i see that he did not changed nothing..
why this happen?
thanks alot

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

I tried that and now always get an error when uploading pics so I had to undo it. Anyone who knows how to put it off??

This is not really something I call a good problem report. Therefore I doubt anyone will be able to help you.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

hi stramn,
i add this hack to my copprmine galery,
on the admin i see the config of the water mark,
but when i change the config of the watermark.
this dont do nothing.
and when i go back to the config i see that he did not changed nothing..
why this happen?
thanks alot

Did you run update.php as mentioned

lostemilie

• Coppermine regular visitor

This is not really something I call a good problem report. Therefore I doubt anyone will be able to help you.
When I add images I don´t get the OK button but a click here to reload thing and it said that there is an error in the file I changed :(

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

then you probably made a mistake... try applying the changes again

taf

• Coppermine newbie

Did you run update.php as mentioned

lol,
now the sql added :)
but actully the water mark dont show..
i active the watermark.
and changed the path of the image watermark..
but stil doesnot work..

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Carefully read the first post again... this is not an 'on the fly watermarking mod' but a 'permanent' one.

morgue

• Coppermine novice

Great mod, it's really useful..

But I'm having a little problem with a couple of albums, and I don't know why.. I'm getting a white screen when running the Update option in admin tools... It worked for every album but those two, and one of those I really need those two to have watermarks :( ... The website is http://maracaibodenoche.byethost7.com/album/index.php

The only thing I have is the link that comes up when the screen goes white, which is: http://maracaibodenoche.byethost7.com/album/util.php?numpics=5&startpic=45&albumid=2&autorefresh=1&action=update_thumbs&updatetype=3

I checked the log but there's nothing, just failed login attempts :)

I don't know if it can be solved, but I'd appreciate any input from you guys... Thanks!

And again, amazing mod :D
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.