Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smilies in Profile last comments  (Read 2505 times)

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Smilies in Profile last comments
« on: March 31, 2006, 01:22:18 am »

Hi!

I was investigation one thing for a client but just can't get hold of it perhaps some can help me.

This is the question:

In all old versions 130 till 135 if you took a look at somebodys profile the last comment smilies were shown as text instead of real smilieys.
In version 140 this was still the same, but suddenly in version 1.41 and futher smilies started working!

I know how too include smilies in normal pages but this time it is a bit tricky...

I see (141):  bb_decode(process_smilies($row['msg_body']))
and (140): $row['msg_body']

So I figured lets copy this 141 code into the 140 but this results in a blank page allthough it seems that the process_smilie function is precent in 140 also and de bb_decode too.

While taking a comparing look in functions.inc.php I saw a completly different approach for displaying the profile etc.

So a thing that seems so simple to fix (smilies showing in older versions) is giving me a pain in the *ss :(

What do I overlook? smilies.inc.php is identical theme settings seems to be identical but which other files do I have to take a look at.

My initial goal is to help my client with this in a very very very ancient version of coppermine (I know upgrading is a solution)  but this site is so complicated and full of hours and hours of high tech coding by others that it's just not an option :(

So I tried to find the difference between 140 and 141+  but I'm sort of stuck :(

So little bug so much pain :( can anybody guide me in the way its implemented and which files are involved.

Since I want to know about the suddenly changed technique I asume this is the appropriate board otherwise I appologise
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 07:57:13 am by GauGau »
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Smilies in Profile last comments
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 09:07:20 am »

why don't you just upgrade to the most recent version. That's recommended anyway. You know yourself how much has changed codewise from 1.4.0 to 1.4.4

xplicit

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 07:40:36 pm »

Yeah I know much has changed but initial goal is to get it working in an even more ancient version.

Also got the PHP 4 and 5 problem issue (register_long_arrays) so 1.4 is not really recommended to try for such a complex site. I'm using 1.40 as a testcase on my development machine just to figure out the  changes

Seems a h#ll of a job, but well : it's a drity job and someone's got to to it, but it's weekend :) So perhaps I manage to find it out myself ( if it's raining ;) )

« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 09:35:33 pm by xplicit »
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.

xplicit

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 09:26:04 pm »

Ok it seems to be simpler than I approached it. I noticed that for the ancient versions adding:

include("include/smilies.inc.php");

and changing $row['msg_body'] to bb_decode(process_smilies($row['msg_body']))

Is doing the job.

Indeed I skipped my focus on the 1.40 version, seems like a really in between version :) and just used some basic logical thinking

I'm now gonna focus on changing the same issue in thumbview of lastcomby.

But In my opinion this topic can be noted as solved or not valid anymore
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 09:36:38 pm by xplicit »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.