Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best desktop pkg for uploading to Coppermine?  (Read 5174 times)

rip52

• Coppermine newbie
Best desktop pkg for uploading to Coppermine?
« on: March 31, 2006, 01:21:38 am »

I have 3-4 years worth of photos (3000+) in multiple folders in several higher resolutions (1600x1200 and up). I would like to resize these to a reasonable size for web viewing and tag/categorize them on my home system prior to uploading to Coppermine (or other decent web package.)

I currently have ACDSEE 7 in Windows, along with many other photo packages. I also have a Linux system that I could run a local version of Coppermine and upload the results if that is preferable. If necessary, I could also use another web hosted package, but I'd like to stick with Coppermine if possible.

My goal is to quickly resize the photos to max 800x600, create thumbnails and tag each photo prior to uploading to my ISP. I think doing the tagging and thumbnailing on my hosted sight would be inefficient (and slow with my less-than-DSL connection.)

Suggestions are really welcome!

Fudgemaster

• Coppermine novice
    • Trackdays, Car shows, Nature and some misc photos
Re: Best desktop pkg for uploading to Coppermine?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 05:29:41 am »

In linux offcourse there prolly is a nice way to do that all in the commandline, but of that I know nothing.

In windows use IrFanView instead of bloated up ACDsee.
In the thumbnail section of IrFanView there is a "Start batch dialog with selected thumbs" under the right mouse button.
Use that to add a tag to the picture, to frame it, to convert format, convert size etc etc etc.
That's what I use.

After that I just ftp the tagged and resized pics to my site and batch add them.

I don't know about how convinient IrFanView is for working with several diffirent subdirectories at one batch, but You go ahead and try it out, maybe it'll suit You well.

- Sami Partanen .

--
It's an insane world.. But I'm proud to be a part of it.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 08:19:48 am »

there's a batch-resizing tutorial available.

rip52

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 06:39:29 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions. I had used the batch conversion (thanks for the tutorial!).

However, I don't see where to apply tags to individual pictures; and I'm unclear how those tags would be properly treated by the target web photo hosting package such as flickr, Gallery, (or Picasa).

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 06:51:05 pm »

not sure what a "tag" is in this context, and not sure how Flickr, Menalto gallery or Picasa are related.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 20 queries.